Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Lost Radio Code - post your request here

• Admin
3 hours ago, JP. said:

Loren,

I have been searching all over the internet, and spoken with two different dealers who seem to have no clue as to how to get my recently replaced CDR-24/wBose (purchased on Ebay) to work beyond the Porsche Protect screen. I found your instructions online.

CDR-23 (or later):
These radios do not have a security code - that is, not that the user enters.
These radios are security tested on the MOST (fiber optic bus) system to see if they are the "programmed" radio. The radios are programmed and recognized by the car’s DME and can only be replaced by a shop with a PST2 or PIWIS. These radios will not request a code when battery power is disconnected.

Thanks for that!  

I am still a little unsure as to what to tell them they need to do to reprogram the DME. They don't seem to know.  Do they need to program the new radios serial number into the DME?  Do they need a code?

If you know; can you give me a step by step overview of the reprograming, and the information that they'll need to reprogram the DME (and radio if needed.) I am taking the car in to get another key programmed next week, I'm hoping with the right information I can get this done at the same time. Thanks!

This is my first Porsche (absolutely loving it!) and while I eventually may upgrade the radio; for now, I'd like to get the CDR-24 working correctly. 

Only a shop with a Porsche PIWIS tool can make the radio to car match.

It requires reading out the old radio and then reading in the new radio -- IPAS codes are required.

You will need to find a shop or dealer to perform this change.

I have a 2002 boxster, radio reads "wait". Will keeping key on for an hour enable code to then be entered? I do not have code, radio is cdr-220, serial #25012346, 24/99, does anyone have code?

thank you

• Admin
2 hours ago, Owenatmu said:

I have a 2002 boxster, radio reads "wait". Will keeping key on for an hour enable code to then be entered? I do not have code, radio is cdr-220, serial #25012346, 24/99, does anyone have code?

thank you

Try 6725

• Upvote 1

I just bought an older Boxster and want to put in an aux cable, and I don't have the radio code.

CDR220

Radio serial is x5021962

Thanks for the help!

Edited by imsora

• Admin
34 minutes ago, SuncoastBoxster said:

Need the code, please.  I've tried them all and none are working. 1999 Boxster, CDR 210. Serial number W5023261 

thanks! 

Back on December 3, 2016 I gave you the code 8686 and you said that worked. If it does perhaps you should write it down somewhere?

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Stein Grongstad said:

Hi. Need code for my cdr 21 becker Porsche 911 996 1998 model (don't know if this is essential info...)

Got the following from the display of the radio :

Serial no : V5011202

Ver : R 1097

Sufficient info ?

Try 8594