Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Lost Radio Code - post your request here

On 5/17/2017 at 9:41 AM, Loren said:

Try 4241

Hi Loren,

So, I got my removal keys today and swapped in the cdr220 but the code 4241 didn't work.  So after some thought, I went back and read your 'Read This First' post and went through the Becker 1 serial number retrieval procedure and discovered that the last 3 numbers I gave you were incorrect.  The correct info for the radio is:

Model BE4462

Serial no. X5030954

Hopefully that will generate a code that will work

Thanks,

JP

Edited by JonPaul

Had some wrenching on my '95 968 that required me to pull the battery and of course the CR-1 now needs a code.  Previous owner left the manual in the glove box and sure enough had pulled both the code cards.  :-(   I know the CR-1's can't be decode from the serial number, but I'm here for some help.

Radio model: 993.645.104.00

S/No: POCR-1R0118855 V40118855B

Thanks in advance!

• Admin
3 hours ago, JonPaul said:

Hi Loren,

So, I got my removal keys today and swapped in the cdr220 but the code 4241 didn't work.  So after some thought, I went back and read your 'Read This First' post and went through the Becker 1 serial number retrieval procedure and discovered that the last 3 numbers I gave you were incorrect.  The correct info for the radio is:

Model BE4462

Serial no. X5030954

Hopefully that will generate a code that will work

Thanks,

JP

Try 5043

• Admin
2 hours ago, davand said:

Had some wrenching on my '95 968 that required me to pull the battery and of course the CR-1 now needs a code.  Previous owner left the manual in the glove box and sure enough had pulled both the code cards.  :-(   I know the CR-1's can't be decode from the serial number, but I'm here for some help.

Radio model: 993.645.104.00

S/No: POCR-1R0118855 V40118855B

Thanks in advance!

You need to read the Lost Radio Code FAQ - we can not support that radio.

Hey guys, I believe I started a new topic by mistake. I have a 2001 Boxster and had to replace the multifunction switch. I didn't have a radio code so I tried some from this site, alas with no luck. Any help to get me out of the WAIT state and a valid radio code would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Becker 1

Type 4462

S/N 15061604

24/99

CD CDP2081

• Admin
Just now, Dewman said:

Hey guys, I believe I started a new topic by mistake. I have a 2001 Boxster and had to replace the multifunction switch. I didn't have a radio code so I tried some from this site, alas with no luck. Any help to get me out of the WAIT state and a valid radio code would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Becker 1

Type 4462

S/N 15061604

24/99

CD CDP2081

Radio codes are specific to each radio.

You need to read the Lost Radio Code FAQ...

Try 4131

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Loren said:

You need to read the Lost Radio Code FAQ - we can not support that radio.

Hi Loren,

Yes, I did read the FAQ.  Thought I'd at least try the forum to see if anybody had any luck at all with a CR-1.  I'll try the dealer, but all my research says that they won't help.  Don't know what they do if they had the 968 in the shop for service with the battery pulled for any length of time. Looks like I might be shopping for a replacement radio.

You have a great service for Porsche owners.  Many thanks from all of us!

• Admin
16 minutes ago, Jeffhsr said:

Sorry...the Serial Number is  V 5011838

Try 6756

If that does not work then your radio has likely been repaired by a third party. In that case only Becker Autosound can help you... sorry.