Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Lost Radio Code - post your request here

• Admin
2000 2.7l

CDR-220

Becker

Type 4462

Ser # X503 2865

48/98

Bought car used - no radio card... Thanks in advance!

Try 6781

or

I just noticed I mis-typed the serial #... should have been X503 1865. Must be Monday moring...

Try 0555

or

Hi there - was messing with radio and disconnected it (looking to possibly replace with another unit), without realising the code card wasn't with the rest of the owners manuals - DOH!

Boxster S, 2002, RHD RoW, 6 speed, Seal Grey, Black leather interior (full option)

Becker

Type CCR22

Model No: BE 6620

Serial No.: 15001280

Hope you can help before wife finds out she has no sounds now in the car!!!!

Cheers.

• Admin
Hi there - was messing with radio and disconnected it (looking to possibly replace with another unit), without realising the code card wasn't with the rest of the owners manuals - DOH!

Boxster S, 2002, RHD RoW, 6 speed, Seal Grey, Black leather interior (full option)

Becker

Type CCR22

Model No: BE 6620

Serial No.: 15001280

Hope you can help before wife finds out she has no sounds now in the car!!!!

Cheers.

Try 6386

or

hey loren just bought my car and radio doesnt work. can you help me please

cr 220

becker 1

serial y5023805

type 4362

thanks alot pat

Try 2527

or

hey loren i tryed thouse codes and they didnt work. can you try again for me, i also tryed 2523 2529

thanks alot,

pat

Hi Loren,

Just bought a '00 Boxster S with PCM/Navi on auction, however no codes (car was repo'ed and I got it dirt cheap)

Read your advice that PCM codes can only be obtained via the dealer, so I called the local chaps and they kindly looked up the codes based on the VIN, but to no avail, as these codes do not unlock the unit.

Dealer is at a loss. Do you by any chance know if there is a solution to this?

Love your site, this is my first Porsche and I already learned a lot from browsing around in the forums.

Cheers,

Henrik

• Admin
Hi Loren,

Just bought a '00 Boxster S with PCM/Navi on auction, however no codes (car was repo'ed and I got it dirt cheap)

Read your advice that PCM codes can only be obtained via the dealer, so I called the local chaps and they kindly looked up the codes based on the VIN, but to no avail, as these codes do not unlock the unit.

Love your site, this is my first Porsche and I already learned a lot from browsing around in the forums.

Cheers,

Henrik

Did you get the PCM serial number off some paperwork or directly off the PCM?

Sometimes a unit gets swapped out under warranty and the dealer forgets to give the owner the new card with the serial number and code.

Best thing to do is to remove the PCM and check the serial number on the unit.

Loren,

Just bought a radio off ebay & I need a code:

CDR 220

serial x5031216

type 4462

Thanks in advance!

Try 2290

or

OK I tried these 2 codes & I tried 2292 & 2286 to no avail....

Any other codes I should try ?

Also any way to get around the 1 hour wait period?

Should I just call Becker? Or wont they help?

Thanks again for the great resource!

:renntech:

• Admin
Loren,

CDR 220

serial x5031216

type 4462

Thanks in advance!

Try 2290

or

You need to read this...

Lost Radio Code - FAQ, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST

Loren,

CDR 220

serial x5031216

type 4462

Thanks in advance!

Try 2290

or

You need to read this...

I did, kind sir. So you are saying that I'm in the 5% ?

Or should I continue to search #s in the 2 digit ranges? How far either side of your suggested # should I go?

• Admin
Loren,

CDR 220

serial x5031216

type 4462

Thanks in advance!

Try 2290

or

You need to read this...

I did, kind sir. So you are saying that I'm in the 5% ?

Or should I continue to search #s in the 2 digit ranges? How far either side of your suggested # should I go?

Yes, if the two numbers I gave you don't work then you can try 2 digit increments/decrements until you get tired and call a dealer - or get lucky.

I recently had to replace the battery on my 1997 Boxster. I contacted my local dealer regarding assistance with resetting the code for the radio and was informed that I would need to make an appointment to leave the vehicle with the service department for such a problem. I learned of your kindness in assisting many others with this same issue and wondered if you would be able to help me. I followed your instructions as to retrieving the model and serial numbers. It is a Becker CR-210, Model # R2896, Serial # T5002027.

Any assistance that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

• Admin
I recently had to replace the battery on my 1997 Boxster. I contacted my local dealer regarding assistance with resetting the code for the radio and was informed that I would need to make an appointment to leave the vehicle with the service department for such a problem. I learned of your kindness in assisting many others with this same issue and wondered if you would be able to help me. I followed your instructions as to retrieving the model and serial numbers. It is a Becker CR-210, Model # R2896, Serial # T5002027.

Try 9019

or

Hi Loren,

Cheers,

Henrik

Did you get the PCM serial number off some paperwork or directly off the PCM?

Sometimes a unit gets swapped out under warranty and the dealer forgets to give the owner the new card with the serial number and code.

Best thing to do is to remove the PCM and check the serial number on the unit.

Spot on, that did the trick - much obliged /Henrik

Try 9019

or

I was unsuccessful with the code attempts but very much appreciate your effort. I am glad to have found this forum and hope to one day contribute information.

Thank you for your time.

Very truly,

Ashley Nichols

Montgomery, Alabama