Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Lost Radio Code - post your request here

It's astounding how many people need codes. And now, me too! The '98 I just bought appears to be all original and the code is written several places in the owner's manual and in the radio manual......but I've tried everything you've recommended multiple times. Time to validate the code.

Thanks in advance!

W5021835

CR220

Loren!!! how you gonna go answer someone else's first... only kidding... but seriously... this is the only thing left with my 3.6 swap... not that I should be listening to the radio anyways! :renntech:

Edited by easyc

• Admin
It's astounding how many people need codes. And now, me too! The '98 I just bought appears to be all original and the code is written several places in the owner's manual and in the radio manual......but I've tried everything you've recommended multiple times. Time to validate the code.

Thanks in advance!

W5021835

Try 6731

or

A parking attendent let my 2000 Boxter's battery die. After the battery was recharged I notced the radio was off. I tried to turn it on...nadda. I can't even get to a lost code request as the radio will not even power on, at all...period. Is this something anyone else has experienced? There is nothing I could find in the manual about this issue. Suggestions?

Loren,

I'm really sorry but I just don't see the answer to the question I'm asking in the Q&A page that you provided. I have checked the fuses and they all test fine and don't look to be blown. My uncle suggested that there maybe an internal fuse to the radio or that I need to disconect the battery again. I would just take it to the dealership but I honestly don't have the money to do so. If there is something I can do to fix it I will, but otherwise I'm out radio traffic reports and tunes without some porsche person help. I've never asked a question on here any maybe you think I'm a total blonde idoit...I'm not denying it...I'm just looking for help. :(

Lora

• Admin
A parking attendent let my 2000 Boxter's battery die. After the battery was recharged I notced the radio was off. I tried to turn it on...nadda. I can't even get to a lost code request as the radio will not even power on, at all...period. Is this something anyone else has experienced? There is nothing I could find in the manual about this issue. Suggestions?

Loren,

I'm really sorry but I just don't see the answer to the question I'm asking in the Q&A page that you provided. I have checked the fuses and they all test fine and don't look to be blown. My uncle suggested that there maybe an internal fuse to the radio or that I need to disconect the battery again. I would just take it to the dealership but I honestly don't have the money to do so. If there is something I can do to fix it I will, but otherwise I'm out radio traffic reports and tunes without some porsche person help. I've never asked a question on here any maybe you think I'm a total blonde idoit...I'm not denying it...I'm just looking for help. :(

Lora

If the radio will not come on you should check the fuse panel near the left footwell - check fuse D8.

As I recall there is also a fuse on the back of the radio - but the radio will need to be removed to check this.

If you do not feel comfortable checking these then I suggest a good Porsche independent shop.

Hello Loren,

I am new to this website. I have spent the last two weeks without a radio.

I now know how to get the Serial number.. V5009778

And I also getting a number from prvers from the display Is that the number that I must input as the Four digit Code? And if so, once I punch in those digits, I will not get immediate music and sound? I must wait an hour to get a response. Is this correct? Thank you![

CR-210:

Press tone, then 8 and 0 simultaneously. "Becker" appears. Press station up arrow on right. "PR-VERS" appears. Press one of numbered buttons below display, directly below the LCD arrowheads (try a few). The model number will appear. Press station up arrow on right. "SERIAL N" will appear. Press the numbered button again. The serial number will appear.

Or, if the radio is out of the car the then the serial number is on the label.

FYI,

1998 Porsche Boxster, with a CDR-210 Radio. Thanks

quote name='patriciojgr' date='Sep 17 2008, 09:28 AM' post='117394']

Hello Loren,

And I also getting a number from prvers from the display Is that the number that I must input as the Four digit Code? And if so, once I punch in those digits, I will not get immediate music and sound? I must wait an hour to get a response. Is this correct? Thank you![

CR-210:

Press tone, then 8 and 0 simultaneously. "Becker" appears. Press station up arrow on right. "PR-VERS" appears. Press one of numbered buttons below display, directly below the LCD arrowheads (try a few). The model number will appear. Press station up arrow on right. "SERIAL N" will appear. Press the numbered button again. The serial number will appear.

• Admin
FYI,

1998 Porsche Boxster, with a CDR-210 Radio. Thanks

quote name='patriciojgr' date='Sep 17 2008, 09:28 AM' post='117394']

Hello Loren,

CR-210:

Try 1427

or

Loren,

Lora

If the radio will not come on you should check the fuse panel near the left footwell - check fuse D8.

As I recall there is also a fuse on the back of the radio - but the radio will need to be removed to check this.

If you do not feel comfortable checking these then I suggest a good Porsche independent shop.

One other thing you can try is to disconnect the battery, touch the disconnected negative lead to the positive post of the battery. Sometimes these radios are known to "lock up" this usally due to voltage storage in the trisistors of radio and by doing the battery leads this voltage can be eliminated and the radio will work. It is still possible that the fuse is blown in back of radio. Just a side note that using a high amperage battery charger over 50 amps can cause damage to many control units in the Porsche. This battery procedure should be done when any odd occurances are happening with any elctronics in the car. Its amazing how many things this simple thing has fixed. svansyoc

• Admin
Loren, Lost radio CODE. Becker 1

Type 4462

Serial # W5008284

I have previously tried # 5344 & 5342 Could you check again for possible aditional numbers. Thank you Lee Gardner 99 C-4

Please read the FAQ - there are no other numbers. You will have to test them for yourself.

Lost Radio Code - FAQ, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST

Hello,

I have a 1998 Boxster and would like to restart my radio after changing the battery. i followed the instructions for the radio info.

CR 210 (with CD changer in front trunk)

Becker R 1196

Serial : T5002884

Thanks for any help.

Bob

Hi again,

I tried 0517 and 0515 but neither did the trick and the radio went back to "WAIT" . I can try again later but do you have any other numbers I should try?

thanks,

Bob