Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Lost Radio Code - post your request here

Newbie to this forum and issue. So I've read the FAQ's section and this question is in regards to the "WAIT" option. I've had this show up after entering the wrong code while I was driving and had driven well over an hour. The word still shows up after that trip so is there anything you can do to bypass this and enter another code or do I have to wait until the radio unit deems it's been enough time.

Thanks for your help and support.

J.Harris

• Admin

Newbie to this forum and issue. So I've read the FAQ's section and this question is in regards to the "WAIT" option. I've had this show up after entering the wrong code while I was driving and had driven well over an hour. The word still shows up after that trip so is there anything you can do to bypass this and enter another code or do I have to wait until the radio unit deems it's been enough time.

J.Harris

So you read the FAQ? Then you must have missed this part...

"I get a WAIT in the display - what do I do?

You have to wait 1 hour - with the radio on and ignition switch on (or the car running)."

J.Harris

So you read the FAQ? Then you must have missed this part...

"I get a WAIT in the display - what do I do?

You have to wait 1 hour - with the radio on and ignition switch on (or the car running)."

I'm sure I read that part as my post said "I've driven the car more than an hour" that was suggested in the section. Maybe I wasn't clear on whether I had the unit on or not but I did have it on looking at it hoping things would change. And I don't guess I should that your response so abrasively since you're trying to help. So my question still remains, is there anything you can do IF you've meet the requirements for restart/resetting your code if this times out.

Anyway, I have the codes from the radio and finally it recycled to the screen for code input.

Becker 1

Type 4462

Ser # 15008066

24/99 ??

CDPP081

Hope this can get me in so I can enjoy something other than the engine purr and wind in my hair!!

Have a great day Sir's!!!

• Admin

Anyway, I have the codes from the radio and finally it recycled to the screen for code input.

Becker 1

Type 4462

Ser # 15008066

24/99 ??

CDPP081

Hope this can get me in so I can enjoy something other than the engine purr and wind in my hair!!

Try 5213

• Upvote 1

Becker 1

Type 4462

Ser # 15008066

24/99 ??

CDPP081

Try 5213

I'll give this a try in the a.m. Thanks for the speedy response. This is one of the best sites I've visited so far for Porsche enthusiasts.

Becker 1

Type 4462

Ser # 15008066

24/99 ??

CDPP081

Try 5213

You sir are a Wiz!! I can't thank you enough for the help.

Hi! My mom just had her battery replaced the 2002 boxster she got for her 50th birthday several years ago. I'd be really excited to get the code up and working for her, gathered some info:

Becker CDR 220
type BE 4462
serial # 15000263

Thanks so much! I'd really appreciate being able to help her out!

• Admin

Hi! My mom just had her battery replaced the 2002 boxster she got for her 50th birthday several years ago. I'd be really excited to get the code up and working for her, gathered some info:

Becker CDR 220

type BE 4462

serial # 15000263

Try 6541

• Upvote 1

Becker CDR 220

type BE 4462

serial # 15000263

Try 6541

Thanks so much!! Worked perfectly. My mother is truly astounded..."That's amazing!This completely restores my faith in humanity. I can't believe somebody would just do that for you."

Thanks again, much appreciated!