Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Lost Radio Code - post your request here

Gentlemen, if possible, could you please help me out?

My battery died and I had it replaced. When I input the radio code given to me on the card by the dealer at purchase, it does not work and goes back to "wait" status after three inputs.

I own a 2001 Porsche Boxster with a Becker CDR-220.

The radio code card has:

Serial No: BE 4462 X 5032458

Code No: 4790

The radio (when I was hitting various buttons) displayed:

Type 4462

Ser 15086255

24/99

Gal 00

Is there a different radio code for this particular unit? I read the above posts and tried 4790 and 4792.

Any help provided would be greatly appreciated.

I disconnected my radio doing some maintenance. When I reconnected everything, I had a **** on my radio asking to enter the code. Since I purchased this car from someone else, I do not have the radio code. Could someone please help me out.

Becker Radio

CDR 220

Type 4462

SN: X5037932

Much appreciated,

Ken

• Admin
I disconnected my radio doing some maintenance. When I reconnected everything, I had a **** on my radio asking to enter the code. Since I purchased this car from someone else, I do not have the radio code. Could someone please help me out.

Becker Radio

CDR 220

Type 4462

Much appreciated,

Ken

Try 3287

or

Becker Radio

CDR 220

Type 4462

Much appreciated,

Ken

Try 3287

or

Loren, 3287 worked perfectly. Many thanks!!

Ken

Yet another second owner with no Radio Code!! Any help would be most appreciated!!

CDR-220

Becker 1

Type 4462

Ser # 15088248

24/99

Thanks!!

I went to the Porsche dealership in Monterey and was told over the phone it would be $50 to retrieve code. When I arrived the service manager got info from radio and hooked me up with the code at no charge! He's been really helpful on the occasions I've needed help, such as the time I needed my locking lugs removed, he got out the Porsche case o' lugs and found the correct key and removed all of the locks, again for free! Give your local service guy a call and feel him out as far as what he will and won't do as a service to Porsche owners.

Loren, In researching the forum it appears that you have have magic touch with regards to the radio codes.

I have a 2002 911 Cab

CR 220

type 4362

s/n y5022926

24/99

I let my battery go completely dead. Did realize I would need a code. No music, no happy. Thanks in advance for your guesses.

Kind Regards,

Scott

Englewood, CO

PS, I hope this post finds its way to the correct spot on the thread. Thanks again for helping a fellow Porsche owner.

• Admin
Loren, In researching the forum it appears that you have have magic touch with regards to the radio codes.

I have a 2002 911 Cab

CR 220

type 4362

s/n y5022926

24/99

I let my battery go completely dead. Did realize I would need a code. No music, no happy. Thanks in advance for your guesses.

Kind Regards,

Scott

Englewood, CO

PS, I hope this post finds its way to the correct spot on the thread. Thanks again for helping a fellow Porsche owner.

Try 0853

or

I have a 2002 911 Cab

CR 220

type 4362

s/n y5022926

24/99

Kind Regards,

Scott

Englewood, CO

Try 0853

or

thanks for the try Loren. No joy.