Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

2000 911 Carrera 2 coupe 6 speed: engine coolant

When we replaced the coolant in my car in 2013, we used coolant Porsche part number  ‘000-043 -301-05-M100’(pre-mixed).  The color, based on a little quantity left in one of the 2013 bottles, was red. The coolant in the car seems yellow now.

I have just topped off the coolant today, using Porsche coolant part number  ‘000-043 -305 15’, red color (I mixed it with water, 50%).

Could somebody please confirm that the 2 coolants are compatible?

Thanks

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, Philip54 said:

When we replaced the coolant in my car in 2013, we used coolant Porsche part number  ‘000-043 -301-05-M100’(pre-mixed).  The color, based on a little quantity left in one of the 2013 bottles, was red. The coolant in the car seems yellow now.

I have just topped off the coolant today, using Porsche coolant part number  ‘000-043 -305 15’, red color (I mixed it with water, 50%).

Could somebody please confirm that the 2 coolants are compatible?

Thanks

I've been working on Porsche's for more than 40 years and never heard of a premixed coolant, and the 000-043-301-05-M100 number does not come back with anything in the Porsche parts system.  Closest I could find was 000-043 -301-05, which is the old green coolant that was discontinued years ago.  Most "Porsche" part numbers ending in M100 are actually Pelican parts products, and they have a bad reputation for substituting all sorts of stuff and passing it off as the real thing.

If you want to get the real thing at a good price, go to board sponsor Sunset Porsche's part web site: https://www.sunsetporscheparts.com/auto-parts

DBJoe996, JFP in PA,

Thanks for your replies.

The attached photos show the labels on the coolant bottles with the part numbers that I mentioned in my original message. 

I need to make a correction to what I stated in my original message.  Yes, I bought coolant 000-043-301-05-M100 from Pelican, but that was only 1 gallon that I used for topping off the reservoir when needed.  I did not buy the coolant that was used for completely replacing the coolant in my car many years ago from Pelican.  I bought that likely from Sunset.  Unfortunately Sunset told me this morning that their records don’t go back that far, so I don't have a part number, but definitely it was not Pelican, because that purchase is not on Pelican’s records.  That coolant was yellow in color.

Now most of the coolant in my car is yellow with an unknown Porsche part number and approximately 1 quart of a 50% mixture of water and correct Porsche red coolant.

I wonder if the car can be driven or I should replace the coolant immediately.

Thanks

000-043-301-05-M100.pdf 000-043-305-15.pdf

All I can tell you is the old original Porsche coolant was green, and the new Porsche coolant is pink.  However, that being said, they (the Porsche coolants) are compatible with each other so there is no need to panic and drain the entire system.  You can drive the car, it will be okay.  You are putting Porsche coolant in your car and that is good.  Maybe, depending on your mileage, you will have to replace your water pump soon so then you can change it out to the new Porsche pink coolant.

Edited by DBJoe996

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, Philip54 said:

DBJoe996, JFP in PA,

Thanks for your replies.

The attached photos show the labels on the coolant bottles with the part numbers that I mentioned in my original message. 

I need to make a correction to what I stated in my original message.  Yes, I bought coolant 000-043-301-05-M100 from Pelican, but that was only 1 gallon that I used for topping off the reservoir when needed.  I did not buy the coolant that was used for completely replacing the coolant in my car many years ago from Pelican.  I bought that likely from Sunset.  Unfortunately Sunset told me this morning that their records don’t go back that far, so I don't have a part number, but definitely it was not Pelican, because that purchase is not on Pelican’s records.  That coolant was yellow in color.

Now most of the coolant in my car is yellow with an unknown Porsche part number and approximately 1 quart of a 50% mixture of water and correct Porsche red coolant.

I wonder if the car can be driven or I should replace the coolant immediately.

Thanks

000-043-301-05-M100.pdf 2.12 MB · 1 download 000-043-305-15.pdf 3.43 MB · 1 download

I cannot see the photos you attached.

As mentioned, Porsche only use two color coolants: Green up to around 2003-2004, and pink afterwards.  They have never used a yellow coolant to my knowledge.  And, as I mentioned, the only "Porsche" parts retailer that used part numbers ending in "M100" is Pelican; it is not a Porsche part designation.

If the car was in my shop, I would recommend dumping the entire system, flushing it least once with distilled water, and then refilling it with the correct coolant mixed 50/50 with distilled water.  We have seen too many crapped up cooling systems from people using antifreeze that "they read on the internet would work fine with the factory coolant", usually to save a few bucks.  Then when we hand them the bill for cleaning the system, the "savings" didn't look so attractive.

4 hours ago, JFP in PA said:

I cannot see the photos you attached.

As mentioned, Porsche only use two color coolants: Green up to around 2003-2004, and pink afterwards.  They have never used a yellow coolant to my knowledge.  And, as I mentioned, the only "Porsche" parts retailer that used part numbers ending in "M100" is Pelican; it is not a Porsche part designation.

If the car was in my shop, I would recommend dumping the entire system, flushing it least once with distilled water, and then refilling it with the correct coolant mixed 50/50 with distilled water.  We have seen too many crapped up cooling systems from people using antifreeze that "they read on the internet would work fine with the factory coolant", usually to save a few bucks.  Then when we hand them the bill for cleaning the system, the "savings" didn't look so attractive.

I posted  again one of the 2 photos attached to my previous post, but unfortunately it is also not readable.  In any case none of the photos covers the yellow coolant that makes the vast majority of the coolant that is in the car now.  After so many years I cannot tell for sure who provided that yellow coolant, but I am completely sure that the coolant bottles had Porsche labels on them, perhaps counterfeit Porsche labels, but Porsche labels.  Per your advice  I will get the coolant replaced.  Thanks.