Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

P\N 996 362 020 01 Collapsible spare wheel??

A few months ago someone posted in great detail about putting a spare in the 997. The part # was 996 362 020 03. Will the wheel with the 01 suffix at the end also work. I'd like to have it for my 05 Boxster and have found one locally. Thanks . Jim

• Admin

The emergency wheel for the 987 is option code 447 and has the same (03) part number. The emergency wheel also needs a compressor to inflate the tire. I doubt Porsche would have created a new part if the old one could be used. The 01 emergency wheel was used in the early model C4 and early C4S. You would have to test it to see if it would fit - both in the trunk and wheel offset. As of MY04 the C4S also uses the 03 wheel.

The emergency wheel for the 987 is option code 447 and has the same (03) part number. The emergency wheel also needs a compressor to inflate the tire. I doubt Porsche would have created a new part if the old one could be used. The 01 emergency wheel was used in the early model C4 and early C4S. You would have to test it to see if it would fit - both in the trunk and wheel offset. As of MY04 the C4S also uses the 03 wheel.

Option code 447??? Is a spare now an available option for 06? I asked my salesman here in Canada a few weeks ago if there was a spare tire option for 06 and he said no. Can you give more info on this option 447? Is this a Boxster option? How much $$$ for this option? Thanks for your insight. Jim

i believe the spare tire option is only available in those countries that require a spare

aloha

steve

Option code 447??? Is a spare now an available option for 06? I asked my salesman here in Canada a few weeks ago if there was a spare tire option for 06 and he said no. Can you give more info on this option 447? Is this a Boxster option? How much $$$ for this option? Thanks for your insight. Jim

• Admin

The option does not show in the price guide but DOES show in the Porsche (US/Canada) parts list. Both the 997 and 987 show this option which includes:

the emergency wheel, a retaining belt, a boot (to cover the wheel) and a compressor to pump the tire up. I do not know the price for the option - the wheel alone is about $600 US.

The option does not show in the price guide but DOES show in the Porsche (US/Canada) parts list. Both the 997 and 987 show this option which includes:

the emergency wheel, a retaining belt, a boot (to cover the wheel) and a compressor to pump the tire up. I do not know the price for the option - the wheel alone is about $600 US.

Thanks for all your help Loren. Much appreciated. Jim