Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Fixed all my sunroof rattles on my 02 TT

God...this was pissing me off, so is I decided to pull down the headliner at the back and investigate where these noises could be coming from.

The main culprit is the piece of plastic that comes back with the sunroof itself, it runs from left to right, the full width of the sunroof.

While I was driving I could usually put my hand back on the roof liner and stop it from rattling when the roof was open.

I simply installed a strip of 1/4' thick x 3/4" wide self adhesive sponge rubber tape alone the full length of this plastic channel.

I also double up a piece right in the middle of this channel as it hangs down the lowest at that point.

Also when you look at where the sunrrof comes all the way back you will notice how two pieces of plastic can come in contact with the steel roof so I put a couple of felt pads on the steel roof section.

I also installed small self adhesive felt pads about the size of a dime at each of the pionts where the rear part of the headline clips into the metal channels.

All of these simple fixes mean my sunroof does not rattle at all, I tested it up to 125 MPH...not that you can hear much at that speed anyway.... : )

Also fixed a slight clicking noise in the drivers side door panel by pryed open the door panel where the door lock is and put in some more the of the foam tape.....fixed!

Hope this helps others with this annoying problem.

Cheers,

Ben

Sorry Paul, unfortunately I am not going to pull it all apart again to take pics....not sure how well they would come out anyway. It's an easy job once you get the back headliner down...it will all become clear.

Sorry mate.

Cheers,

ben