Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

04 CTT Died while driving and now won't start

After sitting overnight, my 04 CTT's engine shut off after leaving the driveway and now will not start. I started the car, drove around 400 feet at 5mph and did not notice anything strange until the engine simply shut off (with no odd sound or behavior).  After stopping the car, I attempted to start it and although it cranks fine, it will not fire or start.

A little background that may have something to do with this issue. I have recently picked up the pig from the Porsche dealer after having the two power plug connectors (on each fuel pump) replaced as well as the fuel tank flange with pressure regulator (per recall).  Drove 8 miles to a Costco for gas, then to another store and then home.  This issues started the next day when I went to drive the car.

The passenger fuel pump is also very new.

So far, I have checked the two fuses for the fuel pumps and neither is open.

I have also did the fuel pump fuse switch out procedure in order to isolate each of the fuel pumps. 

I checked with an ODB reader and do not have any codes.

Anyone have an idea as to where I should check next or what the problem may be?

My 08 Cayenne S did the same thing. Took it to my Indy and had it scanned. Happened to be closer to him than home so did not hook up my Durametric. Turned out the Cam Shaft Sensor on Bank 1 was kaput. Cheap part but a b*tch to replace. Have it checked as when they were working on the fuel pump they may have disturbed the sensor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...