Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I have a 2005 Turbo and Ive been some reading, much to my demise probably.
So my car has 450 hp factory. An E81 version has 500hp, and the S (2006) has 521hp.

Has anyone ever reflashed the ECU with a tune from either an E81, or an S, to increase their HP?

Its got to be cheaper than the $1400.00 they are charging for a custom tune...

Anyone?

Thanks

Hi

I had a custom flash done after an engine rebuild and adding a bunch of bolt on stuff.

Was it worth it? For the first few weeks yes but then it quickly became something I really could have done without .

The cost of my tune was far less than the $1400.00 you quoted. I’m running a slightly overbore CTT  with stock turbos larger all aluminum AKG intercoolers like on the Turbo S IPD intake plenum secondary cat delete with custom 3” cat back exhaust and stock tips (sleeper effect) Agency Power billet diverter valves and a 3” cold air intake system.

The throttle response is great the induction noise is great the bottom through mid range is silly fat and torquey and it’ll pull to redline in every gear in a hurry. Extra legal speeds are easy and stop light battles against nearly all but the really expensive stuff is a walk in the park. But honestly the thrill is gone now.

My suggestion spend the money on some really good brakes. 955 brakes suck!

• 4 weeks later...

FWIW if you are looking for a sportier drive, you probably have the wrong car.

I did put secondary cat deletes on mine and am very happy with the results, but it is just a bit more noise and response.

But it drives and handles like the 5000lb+ SUV that it is, albeit with plenty of grunt.  It remains quiet and comfortable which is great for passengers and road trips.

Plus I want to keep the rear diff and trans intact as long as possible.

Lastly, beware getting a cheap tune; you really want to go with someone that will double check your fueling and AFR's before and after.  Unless it is a conservative off-the-shelf tune, I would not put anything on a car that hasn't been pressure tested and with a wideband AFR for logs before/after.

• Upvote 1

I agree with millerchris85. After all the work and money poured into my CTT it’s eh now and I’d have been better served tuning up my 996TT. 

If you really must have a sporty drive in a Cayenne then I suggest looking after a 958 GTS, Turbo or Turbo S and having someone tuned them to your liking. Be forewarned though you will wear through ancillaries (brakes, axles, tensioners, etc...) much faster depending on how much and how hard you drive

• Upvote 2