Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Air Suspension Fault message

So taken the Cayenne in nice long drive to Portugal and then on the last stretch get this message pop up Air Suspension Faulty Visit Workshop

ive plugged in my iCarsoft POR V2 and I get the following:

0147 Power Supply for body wheel acceleration sensor FL
0139 Body acceleration sensor FL
0141 Body acceleration sensor Rear
0140 body acceleration sensor FR
0003 Control Unit Faulty

ive cleared the faults and was able to see voltages of around 2.40v for these sensors then all of a sudden they lose all power get 0v and the Air Suspension fault comes back. 

this happens even if I don’t drive anywhere - just wait and eventually the sensors lose power and I get the error

anyone had any experience of this and what on earth it could be??

A726275A-EA35-4B99-8007-567EB95FA054.jpeg

97749671-66F8-45CF-A144-0A537697FFC0.jpeg

69467696-8C8F-4316-BD6B-01069D11D64E.jpeg

4B9BA7D3-54B7-4D42-8DE9-9A8924DCC606.jpeg

2928AB83-73D6-4AF3-9732-C69411E40C28.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Rick150 said:

There is a brown wire under the passengers seat from PDCC control unit terminal 31 to ground, check. RH fuse box on dash, Fuse 44 (5A) & 27 (15A) may need to be reseated, pull out and push them back in after inspection.

Awesome ill

give this ago

as regards battery I’m getting 14v continuously so can’t see it being battery related - but who knows these days lol

On 7/23/2020 at 10:20 AM, Rick150 said:

There is a brown wire under the passengers seat from PDCC control unit terminal 31 to ground, check. RH fuse box on dash, Fuse 44 (5A) & 27 (15A) may need to be reseated, pull out and push them back in after inspection.

I’m not sure my 2004 3.2 V6 has PDCC?? I have air suspension but don’t see a PDCC button on the gear switches area???

Hi and thanks for your input and diagrams - I really appreciate it.

sadly I just fathom this out 😞

ive checked under the passenger seat and find no brown earthing cable and certainly not a PDCC Control unit. I have the main battery and some fuses

i checked the fuses and even put new ones in just in case and nada 

im kinda guessing the Level Control Unit that sits in the boot near the CD player controls the Body Acceleration Sensors ?? I could be wrong but my 2004 V6 3.2 doesn’t have PDCC - no button on the switches near the auto stick

and as regards checking grounds I’m not sure which ones to check and where

its frustrating and I just don’t know enough about this car 😞

It doesn’t make sense cause when I first start the car I get voltage signals on those pins and can even see that in the diagnostic software - but give it anything from 30 seconds to 5 minutes it all of a sudden loses the voltages and goes to zero and the error comes up

wjy on earth would it initially all be good and then for no apparent reason lose the power supply? Without the car even moving!!

the ONLY thing that’s really changed is the weather temperature as here in portugal it’s easily 35 degrees each day whereas back in UK we’re lucky to get 20 degrees lol

D540A1B1-1245-447C-92A5-ADEF78E01133.jpeg

I’m thinking battery, grounds, and if I’m not mistaken (Loren help me out) the vehicle electrical system controller will activate and deactivate controllers and consumers around the ring as demand and available power dictate for safe minimum safe operation. 30- seconds is enough for the system to check and detect a battery with a shorted cell. Cayennes do really strange things when power is not 100% adequate and stable.

Because the have a galvanised body in high humidity environments or ingress of water it can set up on a dissimilar metal like fuses, earths ect. Common when the car hasn't been used in a while and the air inside is not being changed out. Check your fuses on side of the dash by pulling them, check and put back in, quite often things come to life.  Check earth bonds, there are lots of them. Also this galvanic action can get into the wiring if the insulation is cracked. Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

Ok an update to this....

SOLVED

Amazingly wasn’t sensors or earthing points - was simply a faulty Level Control Module!

i had a spare module in the garage back in the UK so when I got back I swapped the units and tested for two days flat - no errors all working fine

Funny thing is I actually had an error 0003 Control Unit Faulty at the very beginning - as stated right at the beginning of the thread lol - I shouldn’t listed to the **** code reader software!