Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

The odometer mileage

My odometer a week ago was 74,000 now it’s 105,000 does anybody have any clue what happened. If it went to kilometers I can’t change it back. And the mileage symbol is on the trip odometer? Does anyone have any suggestions?

• Admin

Try this...

"Put the key in the ignition. Disconnect the battery negative cable. Turn the key to position 1. Then turn the key to the off position. Then hook up the battery cable. The display should be back to normal. You may have to twist the knob to change between US and metric miles."

I will try that today thank you so much. The thing is I disconnect my battery a lot I don’t use it that often. So I may have turn ignition on without realizing my battery was disconnected. That makes total sense to me. I so much appreciate your reply. Thanks again!! If it works I’ll re-post to let you know. 

No that did not work. It’s displaying 107,000 but when I push in the knob in it all goes black with the key in first position and battery connected. I have purchased the durametric diagnostic tool. Comes up with a K01 instrumentation panel for that year Porsche boxer. And when I go to identification it comes up with k01-k03 but gives me no module identification numbers. When I go to information it gives me the Vin number and a part number for K01-K03.

I only bought the hobby license not the unlimited license so I don’t think I can get into coding at all.

I also have a P1602 supply voltage open circuit fault code on their engine module. I know I have a problem with my seatbelt because when I clip my seatbelt my airbag light comes on and I was going to replace that but I’m hoping that’s my open Circuit problem.

I also replace the O-rings on the horn plate you know because it was going off all the time and behind the plate that’s brown and yellow that goes nowhere and I’m wondering if that Has to be connected to something? I cannot find where we might even go unless it’s just a ground wire I’ve looked everywhere