Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

• Admin
50 minutes ago, sidepipe said:

I have driven the car 100 miles since the spark plug and ignition coil change; from what I can tell there is no smell or smoke coming from the exhaust and the car drives fine.

Loren, would you happen to know what these green seals could be?

The green seals are just a different year part - still oil tube seals. They do not belong on the spark plugs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Loren said:

The green seals are just a different year part - still oil tube seals. They do not belong on the spark plugs.

Thank you so much Loren!

So these oil tube seals are fine not being replaced?

2 hours ago, JFP in PA said:

Unless you have oil on the plugs, the seals should be fine.

Gotcha, which I will check when I have the time. 🙂 

Loren what part replaced the green oil tube seals? If I am going through the effort of checking the plugs again I should probably have the part that replaces those seals and new spark plugs in the event of the current ones having oil on them.

• Admin
4 hours ago, sidepipe said:

Gotcha, which I will check when I have the time. 🙂 

Loren what part replaced the green oil tube seals? If I am going through the effort of checking the plugs again I should probably have the part that replaces those seals and new spark plugs in the event of the current ones having oil on them.

As JFP previously said it is a pretty big job to replace those seals. It could be that the part fell in there when someone changed the seals previously. A basic rule is if it is not leaking then don't worry about it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/29/2022 at 11:25 AM, sidepipe said:

Thanks Loren! I am not challenging whether you are right I just don't know what this is (see attached) meant for? I have looked at schematics and couldn't find anything unless I overlooked it. Any help is appreciated.

The ring in the picture came out of the spark plug hole when I was removing the spark plug. I have a low milage Cayenne S and I believe these were the original spark plugs from the factory that I replaced. IMG_1878.thumb.jpg.7ecd6e2daff0627aa8ab36aa6a35641e.jpg

Oh wow- recently while I was doing plugs and coils, after pulling out 5-8 I noticed something extremely similar sitting on top of the engine near one of the plug/coil openings. Didn't see it when I pulled the cover off, didn't notice it fall out but noticed it after I'd pulled all the coils + plugs on that side and was about to put in the new ones. Mine was more a light beige color whereas yours looks to me more greenish? Also, mine looked more deteriorated. Wish I'd kept it or taken a pic.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/20/2022 at 5:08 AM, reyxlp said:

Oh wow- recently while I was doing plugs and coils, after pulling out 5-8 I noticed something extremely similar sitting on top of the engine near one of the plug/coil openings. Didn't see it when I pulled the cover off, didn't notice it fall out but noticed it after I'd pulled all the coils + plugs on that side and was about to put in the new ones. Mine was more a light beige color whereas yours looks to me more greenish? Also, mine looked more deteriorated. Wish I'd kept it or taken a pic.

Interesting, I haven't checked my plugs for oil yet (I know kind of stupid) but I have run the car a couple hundred miles since I completed the job and I cannot tell or smell anything abnormal happening... yet...

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2022 at 9:25 AM, Doug_B_928 said:

I can't tell the size from the pictures but I wonder if these are orings from a compression/leakdown tester that fell off when removing the tool...

I can take a picture of calipers measuring the oring size if that's helpful?