Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

What antenna adapter for CDR-23?

Hi All,

I've done a few searches on the board, but did not find anything. I've just purchased an Alpine CD deck with an IPOD interface and am anxious to install it. Can anyone tell me what type of antenna adapter to purchase for the Alpine deck to replace the CDR-23 unit? I'm still awaiting the tool to remove the OEM deck and therefore, cannot view the actual connector. I would love to know the information in advance so that I can order the correct adapter ASAP. Also, does anyone know if there is a wire harness to do a direct connection from the Alpine to the boxster? If not, what wire harness would I need? From some search results, I saw a wire harness from a VW/Audi that may work, but need a confirmation if it would work for a boxster that orginally had a CDR-23 as well (meaning, not sure if all of the boxster model years share the same wire harness for the radio)? Thanks in advance.

Edited by gtlee

I have the basic system, so no amp to worry about. Here's a link to the antenna adapter section at Crutchfield, can you or someone point out the correct adapter for me: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-GO2k5vfX15s/c...?g=119400&avf=N

Also, the following link is what I've seen in some threads as a possible wire harness that I can use to avoid cutting my existing wire harness: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-mo2ZaC46Dyj/c...01758&s=0&cc=01. Can someone confirm that this is the correct one for my 2003 boxster? Thanks.

Somewhere I have the number for the antenna adapter, but as peter said if you have the amp in the front trunk it is not going to work with an aftermarket head unit.

I don't have the paperwork here, so I can't be sure, but I think that I used the Euro Antenna Adapter OEM F to Motorola M, from Crutchfield when I installed an FM modulator on my CDR-23. I think this will work for an install of an Alpine.

As for the wiring harness, I am not sure.

I will try to dig up the paperwork this evening.

Thanks, I appreciate the help. I will call some audio places today and hope that I reach someone knowledgable. So far, I've only ran into people that say the harness doesn't exist and you're forced to cut into the existing harness.

I don't have the paperwork here, so I can't be sure, but I think that I used the Euro Antenna Adapter  OEM F to Motorola M, from Crutchfield when I installed an FM modulator on my CDR-23. I think this will work for an install of an Alpine.

As for the wiring harness, I am not sure.

I will try to dig up the paperwork this evening.

Thanks, Peter. Unfortunately, I have no idea what the connector looks like. I guess I will just be patient and await the radio keys to be delivered so that I can remove the headunit and see what the actual connectors are.

I checked my Crutchfield paperwork and I did use the Euro Adapter. Just check the pictures on their website and get the correct male and female connectors.