Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

US Porsche Sales for July and YTD 05

Porsche Cars North America Reports July Sales

Sales Increase for Month and Fiscal Year End

ATLANTA, August 2, 2005 -- Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (PCNA), importer and distributor of Porsche sports cars and Cayenne SUVs in the United States and Canada, today announced July retail sales in the United States totaled 2,804 cars, an increase of 4 percent compared to July of last year. Year-to-date sales reached a total of 18,930, up 3 percent from the same period last year.

In addition, PCNA closed its fiscal year in July and reported North American sales of 33,974 cars, an increase of 3.6 percent over the previous fiscal year. Of those cars, 6,480 were Boxsters (up 25 percent), 10,327 were 911s (up 2.5 percent), 336 were Carrera GTs (up 314 percent) and 16,831 were Cayennes (down 3 percent).

"Considering the current sales environment, beating last year's number is a testament to the value of our products," said Peter Schwarzenbauer, PCNA President and CEO. " We would have finished even higher with greater 911 supply. We only wish we had more 911s to meet the demand of our customers.”

In addition, dealers sold 493 Porsche Approved Certified Pre-Owned vehicles compared to 428 for the same period last year. For the fiscal year, dealers sold 5,041 CPO vehicles compared to 3,930 the year before, an increase of 28 percent.

post-3-1124383522_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I think I've seen world numbers somewhere and thought that about 225 have been built in toto. Regardless of the specific number those "level" of production hardly merits the "production" label. Porsche is doing more than 35,000 units a year, so the five year production rate has been under 20 basis points (0.2%) a year. That's about a third of the 911 Targa production...

I also think that the GT2 and any subsequent 2 wheel drive turbo will be seen as the spiritual heir and possibly last in the long line of Porsche Turbos. The 4 wheel drvie variants are pure GT cars compared to the 2 wheel drive heritage, regardless of speed comparisons. A quick drive is an epiphany.

So, I have to think the GT2 is the real keeper of the 996 generation for sure and possibly an even more notable car as time passes and no more rear drive turbos are made. (They are not going to make any car with this level of sales that they aren't racing.)

That's my 20 cents.

Gordon

I think I've seen world numbers somewhere and thought that about 225 have been built in toto.  Regardless of the specific number those "level" of production hardly merits the "production" label.  Porsche is doing more than 35,000 units a year, so the five year production rate has been under 20 basis points (0.2%) a year.  That's about a third of the 911 Targa production...

I also think that the GT2 and any subsequent 2 wheel drive turbo will be seen as the spiritual heir and possibly last in the long line of Porsche Turbos.  The 4 wheel drvie variants are pure GT cars compared to the 2 wheel drive heritage, regardless of speed comparisons.  A quick drive is an epiphany.

So, I have to think the GT2 is the real keeper of the 996 generation for sure and possibly an even more notable car as time passes and no more rear drive turbos are made.  (They are not going to make any car with this level of sales that they aren't racing.)

That's my 20 cents.

Gordon

Quite frankly, I'm confused (nothing new) about the long term Porsche marketing strategy (for street cars).

1. Cayenne; Cayenne S: Cayenne Turbo

2. Boxster; BoxsterS

3. GT2, GT3, Turbo & TurboS

4. Cayman, CaymanS

5. The entire 997 line of narrow and wide bodies; coupes, targas and Cabs in 2 and AWD

6. Panamera (probably 2 versions)

I can't figure it out. If the 911 is truly going to become Porsche's GT car (read 928), then I would think the rear seats would have to be a smidge larger.

Who knows....