Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Just put in the Evo Induction (v1) in my 99 c2-WOW

I just put in an EVO V-Flow cold air intake (v1) in my 1999 c2 (tiptronic) last night and then took it for a long ride. Install was a snap and I had never done something like it before. The only difficult part was that i did not have the special torx wrench that has the hole punched in the center of it but I used pliers and worked it out.

Impressions:

1. Easy install

2. Engine is not noticeably louder at idle

3. I think that the car feels "quicker" - (it could all be in my head-i dont think so)4. More of the metallic "whine" of the engine comes through while driving

5. at RPM > 3500 just a marvelous new aggressiv sound to the engine "pulling"

6. the idle seems a little rougher to me now.

Overall, I am a big fan and would recommend this to anyone looking for a relatively inexpensive and easy upgrade to a c2. after i purchased it, i had second thoughts about installing it after reading many of the threads about different peoples impressions and experiences. In the end, I am glad i put it in....

I am just trying to figure out if there is any huge advantage to getting the version 2 (besides the fact that it looks a lot cooler)?

I will try and post pics soon.

Thanks all.

• Moderators

I prefer the Tornado myself, :D same principal, an air cleaner enclosure that does not have a muffler on it. These things are as old as the hills, and besides making the car have louder induction noise are useless except for making your wallet lighter. I really don't mean to rain on your parade, but the stock airbox will make the same sound if the Hemholtz resonator is plugged.

tornado.jpg

One last thingto be aware of is if you changed to an oil impregnated air filter with your new toy, you will run the risk of damaging the MAF.

But with that said, it's your car, so enjoy!

I just put in an EVO V-Flow cold air intake (v1) in my 1999 c2 (tiptronic) last night and then took it for a long ride.  Install was a snap and I had never done something like it before.  The only difficult part was that i did not have the special torx wrench that has the hole punched in the center of it but I used pliers and worked it out.

Impressions:

1. Easy install

2. Engine is not noticeably louder at idle

3. I think that the car feels "quicker"  - (it could all be in my head-i dont think so)4. More of the metallic "whine" of the engine comes through while driving

5. at RPM > 3500 just a marvelous new aggressiv sound to the engine "pulling"

6. the idle seems a little rougher to me now.

Overall, I am a big fan and would recommend this to anyone looking for a relatively inexpensive and easy upgrade to a c2. after i purchased it, i had second thoughts about installing it after reading many of the threads about different peoples impressions and experiences.  In the end, I am glad i put it in....

I am just trying to figure out if there is any huge advantage to getting the version 2 (besides the fact that it looks a lot cooler)?

I will try and post pics soon.

Thanks all.

Do you have the ability and could you post a photo of yours installed?

...but the stock airbox will make the same sound if the Hemholtz resonator is plugged....

if you are talking of the resonator box in the oem airbox (and i think you are), you really don't know what you are talking about. i had the stock airbox removed aka fabspeed kit (not at their stupid prices though) and it sounds nothing like the evo airbox. the evo let out an absolute howl whereas just removing the box sound very much like stock. you should try really listen to it before commenting like that. i can even give you a ride in my car back to back with oem box and with evo and you will see a huge difference in sound.

regarding the MAF, if it becomes fouled with oil the a quick clean with electrical contact cleaner and it's as good as new.

i can speak from experience, can you? B)

Edited by karlooz