Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

auto door lock

My dealer did it gratis. This is something that really pisses me off when dealers don't do it. It is the easiest way to establish a good rep with your customer. BUT......if you don't use that dealer for service in any way shape or form then you should be charged the hour. I happen to have a great relationship with my dealer and have the greatest service advisor and would never expext to be charged for something like that and to date (3 years and 2 porsches later) I have never been charged for misc things like this.

It all comes down to your relationship with the dealer. If they don't know you from Adam then you will probably pay, if you use them for service form time to time and just pop in to say hi every now and then chances are you will get many services gratis as appreciation for your patronage.

It all comes down to your relationship with the dealer.  If they don't know you from Adam then you will probably pay, if you use them for service form time to time and just pop in to say hi every now and then chances are you will get many services gratis as appreciation for your patronage.

i dis agree , a good way to start a relationship with a new customer would be help them out for small things like that . I know because i am a service advisor for a BMW dealership

Nope, nice try though. You essentially are looking for a freebie and they have no idea who you are from Adam and for all they know will never go back there. Remember, they are the ones that paid a hefty sum for the PST2 and the yearly $3K udpates so they need to recoup the money back somehow.

By the way, being a SA for BMW has nothing to do with the price of tea in China. Do you have the EXACT same policy with ALL who enter your dealership wanting a freebie? Didn't thnk so. Besides, if you are a SA with BMW, I would beg the question, why no professional courtesy chat with your Porsche SA?

Edited by LVDell

What, are you a girl now? When girls get backed into a corner instead of admitting defeat or being wrong, they act childish and use that typical "whatever" bailout.

I would respect you more if you would answer the questions I posed and have an adult conversation. Then again, you last response summed it all up.