Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

C4S/Turbo rear bumper on a C2

I just purchased a C4S/Turbo bumper for my '02 C2. However I noticed that the bumper sticks out about half an inch to three quarters of an inch from where the original bumper sits on the car.

Anyone know of any remedies for this?

I've already figured out a solution for fitting the front turbo bumper. I created three aluminum extension to hold the bumper to the under side of the car.

Thanks.

I just purchased a C4S/Turbo bumper for my '02 C2. However I noticed that the bumper sticks out about half an inch to three quarters of an inch from where the original bumper sits on the car.

Anyone know of any remedies for this?

I've already figured out a solution for fitting the front turbo bumper. I created three aluminum extension to hold the bumper to the under side of the car.

Thanks.

You own a narrow body car. You bought a widebody bumper. Two don't mix.

Go see a pro body guy in your area. It can be done, but it may not be worth the cost.

I know DONCAPECOD done it to his C2, should ask him how it fits.

Xdream, let me know if you have any questions about the fitment. I did not do it myself, but I can give you the name and number of the restoration shop that did it for me. The bumper was new and I bought it from Gert. (and yes, I know the car has not been lowered) :)

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Xdream, let me know if you have any questions about the fitment. I did not do it myself, but I can give you the name and number of the restoration shop that did it for me. The bumper was new and I bought it from Gert. (and yes, I know the car has not been lowered) :)

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Don Cape Cod.

Yes, please furnish me with the information of the shop where you had the work done.

From what I understand, you have a factory Turbo rear bumper that doesn't quite fit perfectly, correct?

Thank you,

Gabo2k

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Don Cape Cod.

Yes, please furnish me with the information of the shop where you had the work done.

From what I understand, you have a factory Turbo rear bumper that doesn't quite fit perfectly, correct?

Thank you,

Gabo2k

Shop name is:

Classic Coach Works

138 Thornton Drive

Hyannis, MA 02601

508-771-1981

Dave McGraw is the owner.

I think mine was the only one he did so you might have to remind him it was a silver rear bumper for Don Watson. (Incidentally he's the grandson of the founder of McGraw-Hill Publishing, so I guess he does this as a hobby. He's very fussy and expensive. Don't know if you're near him or not

Anyway, in addition to the bumper cover, you will need new exhaust tips and some modifications to the exhaust because they are a few inches closer on the TT than the C2. I don't remember the cost 'cause it was bundled into his painting the back of my sport seats, and modifying my exhaust. I bought the tips from local dealer.

I don't know the supplier, but there is a turbo-look rear bumper for a C2/C4 where the exhaust openings are identical to the C2/4. That way you just need to paint and install. It comes with the air vents on the side and a turbo-loook from the rear. I just don't know if it is poly or fiberglass. They weren't available when I had mine done and besides, I wanted all factory stuff 'cause I'm anal.

Here's a shot of the way the rear (not the sides) of the factory TT sticks out from around the tail lights. It IS flush with the engine cover, however.

standard.jpg

Here you can see that the bumper is flush along the engine cover and sides, but as it "rounds" the corner it is about 3/16" out, but vertically it fits well. Hope that explains the difference. Sorry for the size

orig.jpg

Oops...sorry, the first pic was just to compare the original bumper.

Gab,

I think SPEEDART made a turbo rear bumper for the Narrow Body. From what I heard, it is the original turbo bumper modified to fit the Narrow body without any modifiication. You'll need the C4S tailpipes. Very expensive $2300.00 for the bumper. I'm planning on doing this mod to my 02 C2 as well but not sure which way to go yet.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Don Cape Cod.

Thank you,

Gabo2k

Shop name is:

Classic Coach Works

138 Thornton Drive

Hyannis, MA 02601

508-771-1981

Dave McGraw is the owner.

I think mine was the only one he did so you might have to remind him it was a silver rear bumper for Don Watson. (Incidentally he's the grandson of the founder of McGraw-Hill Publishing, so I guess he does this as a hobby. He's very fussy and expensive. Don't know if you're near him or not

Anyway, in addition to the bumper cover, you will need new exhaust tips and some modifications to the exhaust because they are a few inches closer on the TT than the C2. I don't remember the cost 'cause it was bundled into his painting the back of my sport seats, and modifying my exhaust. I bought the tips from local dealer.

I don't know the supplier, but there is a turbo-look rear bumper for a C2/C4 where the exhaust openings are identical to the C2/4. That way you just need to paint and install. It comes with the air vents on the side and a turbo-loook from the rear. I just don't know if it is poly or fiberglass. They weren't available when I had mine done and besides, I wanted all factory stuff 'cause I'm anal.

Here's a shot of the way the rear (not the sides) of the factory TT sticks out from around the tail lights. It IS flush with the engine cover, however.

standard.jpg

Here you can see that the bumper is flush along the engine cover and sides, but as it "rounds" the corner it is about 3/16" out, but vertically it fits well. Hope that explains the difference. Sorry for the size

orig.jpg

Oops...sorry, the first pic was just to compare the original bumper.

Thank you Don Cape Cod.

I already have the rear bumper painted and all. So I will call with suggestions on installing it. From what you have mentioned about this guys, I don't expect much help.

Either way, I will keep you posted.

Again, thank you.