Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Creaking Noise in Clutch

Loren my clutch pedal is making a strange spring tension like creaking noise

when I depress it. I see the following TSB:

7/00 3041 Creaking Noise in Clutch Bell Housing Area 12-22-2000

Any Chance you could send it to me?

Cheers,

:drive:

Hi Loren,

I am having the same creaking noise from the tranny area. My dealer tried to lube the slave cylinder but it still makes the same noise. They mentioned that they would have to pull the whole tranny down. If you don't mind, please forward the TSB on the bell housing area.

I also plan on doing the full electronics for the PSE. Thanks for the TSB on that. However, my only concern regarding the install is to tap and drill into the rear deck panel.

Do you have the TSB on how to remove the passenger side C-pillar and rear carpet in order to gain access onto the rear deck?

Thanks,

Eric

• Admin
I am having the same creaking noise from the tranny area. My dealer tried to lube the slave cylinder but it still makes the same noise. They mentioned that they would have to pull the whole tranny down. If you don't mind, please forward the TSB on the bell housing area.
Okay, the procedure involves replacing the release bearing and arm -- so the transmission will have to come out.

I also plan on doing the full electronics for the PSE. Thanks for the TSB on that. However, my only concern regarding the install is to tap and drill into the rear deck panel.
What year car? Old PSE (3.4) or newer version?

BTW... it is more than electronics you have to install vacuum lines to control the valves.

Do you have the TSB on how to remove the passenger side C-pillar and rear carpet in order to gain access onto the rear deck?
FYI... These items are not in TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins) they are in the service manual.

The C pillar unsnap by pulling forward (towards the car interior). The foam piece over the DME can be removed to get access to the rear deck.

cover_off.jpg

Thanks again, Loren. Great information. That Clutch bell housing TSB is fairly old and my car should have the newer part (Built date 2/26/03). I'm undecided if I should let the dealer remove my tranny just for a squeak.

BTW, I have a 2003 C2 and will install the newer PSE. The TSB for the PSE regarding the vacuum lines appears straight forward; I realize the whole task of electronics/ vacuum lines and mufflers will be very time consuming.

Scouser,

I had my 2003 C2 clutch pedal assembly replaced because of a squeak in the clutch pedal/dash area. The dealer first tried to relube it but evetually replaced the whole assembly. I think there is a TSB on this procedure.

Eric

• 3 years later...
Thanks again, Loren. Great information. That Clutch bell housing TSB is fairly old and my car should have the newer part (Built date 2/26/03). I'm undecided if I should let the dealer remove my tranny just for a squeak.

BTW, I have a 2003 C2 and will install the newer PSE. The TSB for the PSE regarding the vacuum lines appears straight forward; I realize the whole task of electronics/ vacuum lines and mufflers will be very time consuming.

Scouser,

I had my 2003 C2 clutch pedal assembly replaced because of a squeak in the clutch pedal/dash area. The dealer first tried to relube it but evetually replaced the whole assembly. I think there is a TSB on this procedure.

Eric

2000 Boxster S with 85000 km. Also creaking noise at the rear - Porsche Centre South Africa says that clutch is not covered under maintenance plan. Does this fall under clutch? Secondly, on startup most times, I get a loud squeel, similar to an aircon belt squeel (in other cars). This started after the last service, when I asked them to look at the clutch noise, although it could be coincidence. Is there a belt that could be too loose, hence the squeel and is it easy to correct?

Bernard

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin
Loren...could you send me this TSB as well:

I have an '02 C2 with similar sounds....

Thanks!

LOL that thread is from 2003 -- all TSBs have been available here for Contributing Members (almost 3 years).

Please go to the Current TSB section and view it...

Loren...could you send me this TSB as well:

I have an '02 C2 with similar sounds....

Thanks!

LOL that thread is from 2003 -- all TSBs have been available here for Contributing Members (almost 3 years).

Please go to the Current TSB section and view it...

Thanks, Loren. Funny how my intelligence drifts away when I finally get out of the office for a week!!!!!

• 1 year later...