Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Sirius SAT Radio - MOST Integration SUCCESSFUL - 997

Incidentally, where can I order the Sirius kit from? I see Suncoast has it for just over $1000. Is that the typical price?

I found a website that claims to sell it for $699, but I'm a bit leary (autopartsnationwide.com). Any experience with them?

I'm thinking this might be my Xmas gift to myself. As if the car wasn't already a Xmas gift to myself. (Actually it was a Thanksgiving gift.)

I emailed them, was quoted $974.75 plus shipping, it would take three days to get it in. Seems legit, but far from the Price list they have on the website

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Does anyone know if this will still work with the 2008 cars? I just took delivery of my 2008 997 C4S Cab and really want sirius in it, the dealer doesn't know if hte parts have changed.

thanks,

-R

1958 356a Cab Black over Red

1971 911 3.2l track beast British Racing Green

1997 986 Ocean Blue Metallic over Grey (Gone but not forgotten!)

2003 Audi RS6 Black over Black (Gone but not forgotten as well!)

2008 997 C4S Cab Meteor Grey over Coca (replaced the above!)

• 1 month later...

I did the install to put the Sirius radio form a Cayenne in my 997 C4S and it's been beuatiful. Got the antenae under the front cowl, all is good.

however, twice now when I've starte dup my car I get a message saying the radio is not activated, and giving me the number to call, however, the radio is still playing the last station I was listening to in Sirius, and calling them to re-activate does nothing. All I can do is open up the trunk pull the power cable out of the unit and re attach then it all works again.

I'm trying to track down the root cause, it seems to be related to having switched to the FM radio prior to turning the car off while putting it in a parking garage.

Has anyone else seen anything like this at all?

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello friends, after some research discovered the Sirius unit at Suncoast is also known as NavTV. Suncoast quoted the unit at $899.95. IMO, the antenna is not an issue. Sirius makes a new micro sized antenna which is 2 1/4" in diameter.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-WU6yi66Qm0O/A...aspx?I=60714125

This may be old news, but thought it might help the forum :)

• 3 weeks later...

How do you access the Sirus unit , does it replace the original AM/ FM tuner selection from the main PCM ? Is the device listed on the PCM harware menu when you press main and trip together ? We dont have this facility over here in the UK , but I'm very interested in the coding of the PCM to accept another MOST device. Thanks

• 3 months later...
How do you access the Sirus unit , does it replace the original AM/ FM tuner selection from the main PCM ? Is the device listed on the PCM harware menu when you press main and trip together ? We dont have this facility over here in the UK , but I'm very interested in the coding of the PCM to accept another MOST device. Thanks

Anybody on the question from Berty? How do you access the satellite tuner, through the CDC button maybe??

Anybody on the question from Berty? How do you access the satellite tuner, through the CDC button maybe??

I'll be tackling this install in the coming weeks, but, in my research so far, I believe I saw a post or video that indicated you cycle through using the FM button...

• 3 weeks later...

Dealer has to activate Most if it is not already. My car did not have Bose, nav or cd player. MOST was off.

Then it automatically comes up as another option when you hit the am/fm button.

I was really pleased, it has taken me a few weeks, to finally get this right, many system variables.

• 1 month later...

I installed cayenne XM recently into my 2006 Carrera and it works great. I have no bose or CD player. In this setup you want just the straight fiber optic cable NOT the Y shaped one.Dealer had to activate. I added a power amp and 6 inch narrow profile kicker sub woofer in a custom enclosure on shelf behind rear seats. I think the system sounds better thante factory bose. Can anyone see the artist name on the PCM screen? It seems only the name of the station comes up.

I installed cayenne XM recently into my 2006 Carrera and it works great. I have no bose or CD player. In this setup you want just the straight fiber optic cable NOT the Y shaped one.Dealer had to activate. I added a power amp and 6 inch narrow profile kicker sub woofer in a custom enclosure on shelf behind rear seats. I think the system sounds better thante factory bose. Can anyone see the artist name on the PCM screen? It seems only the name of the station comes up.

I had the same question you did about the Cayenne Sirius system I retrofitted. It appears your XM works the same way...in that the song info only appears on the Info/RadioText screen. I verified on the Cayenne boards that this is how it works (i.e. they never see the song info scroll...the cluster and the PCM always just display the station name when on the "normal"/Main screen)

I had the same question you did about the Cayenne Sirius system I retrofitted. It appears your XM works the same way...in that the song info only appears on the Info/RadioText screen. I verified on the Cayenne boards that this is how it works (i.e. they never see the song info scroll...the cluster and the PCM always just display the station name when on the "normal"/Main screen)

Yep mine is the same, Station Info only unless you go to the INFO page and lock at the Radio Text.

How do you go the info page? Can I install a factory DVD nav unit from a 2005 Cayenne S into a 2006 Carrera? THANKS
At the bottom of the PCM display, there is a row of buttons...I think it's like the 6th button and says "Info". When in SatRadio mode, if you depress this "Info" button you'll be given two options (I forget what the first is), the second of which is "RadioText", which, when selected, will display the song info. See this attached image in the original post: http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?a...ost&id=4175

Thanks. I went out to my car and it will display artist. Still curious about installing Nav from a 2005 cayenne into 2006 carrera???
I recently finished retrofitting Nav, Sirius, and Cd Changer into a 997 C4S....although only the Sirius was sourced from a Cayenne. Most parts are interchangeable between models as long as the level of the system is maintained or upgraded (A->B->C, etc), the thing you'll need to keep in mind is that the Nav drive will need to be either horizontal or vertical depending on the target vehicle and that the Sat-Navigation DVD Drive unit will need to go last in the MOST chain. I actually have a new horizontal Sat-Navigation DVD Drive unit listed in the for sale section for cheap (I needed the vertical unit instead of the horizontal my "kit" came with).

• 3 months later...

I have tried the same installation, and everything fits as described here, however I am not able to access the XM tuner from the radio. I am pressing either the FM or AM button to cycle but I do not get it to display or activate. If I press TRIP/MAIN, I can see that the PCM lists the Sat Radio as FOUND and ENTERED. I have PCM ver 2.1 with no phone button.

Any suggestions/Help?

I have tried the same installation, and everything fits as described here, however I am not able to access the XM tuner from the radio. I am pressing either the FM or AM button to cycle but I do not get it to display or activate. If I press TRIP/MAIN, I can see that the PCM lists the Sat Radio as FOUND and ENTERED. I have PCM ver 2.1 with no phone button.

Any suggestions/Help?

Did you go to the dealer and have your system coded to accept the new Sat unit?

Yes, they were surprise to see an XM factory unit for a 911 since it was not offered for MY 2005, but they entered it in the PCM. So before they entered it in the system, my PCM read:

Satellite Radio: Found: Yes

Entered: No

After the dealer entered it in the PCM with the PWIS it reads:

Satellite Radio: Found: Yes

Entered: Yes

Even so, I can not access the Satellite radio unit.

Thanks