Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

What CD Changer is compatible with an '04 with Bose

We just bought our '04 Turbo with Bose system today. It has the single in-dash cd player/nav set up and we would like to add a cd changer. The dealer said it was around $1200 to have them add the changer which seemed really high to me.

Are the cars pre-wired for the changer?

What model is compatible with our Bose set up? I have seen cdc-3 and cdc-4 and cdc-5 talked about and seen people discussing retro-fit kits for using a cdc-4. By being a retro-fit, does that mean that our Turbo should use the cdc-3?

Sorry for the plethora of questions.

Ken

• Admin

Your Cayenne can use the CDC-4 changer only. Because this is a fiber optic (MOST) system you need a kit from Porsche and you need to have the cars controller programmed for the new changer. The correct fiber optic interface cable(s) need to be chosen based on the options already in your car (i.e. PCM, phone, BOSE, etc.)

I was told late 04 and all 05 models are prewired. You can check the rear pessager side compartment and see if you have two set of wires hanging. I think one is for power/control and the other one is the fiber optic. When ignition on, I saw a red light at the end of the fiber optic if no CD changer connected. You might have the CD changer bracket as well. My 05 also has the mounting bracket preinstalled and the CDC-4 kit for Cayenne also came with one.

If the Cayenne is prewired, should take around 3 hours for installation.

I was told late 04 and all 05 models are prewired. You can check the rear pessager side compartment and see if you have two set of wires hanging. I think one is for power/control and the other one is the fiber optic. When ignition on, I saw a red light at the end of the fiber optic if no CD changer connected. You might have the CD changer bracket as well. My 05 also has the mounting bracket preinstalled and the CDC-4 kit for Cayenne also came with one.

If the Cayenne is prewired, should take around 3 hours for installation.

I bought the CDC-4 changer for my '04 CTT. When I removed the rear passenger side panel, the only connectr I find is en electrical one, no optical. Did you have to hunt around for the optical cable? Is it bundled with the electrical connector?

Before reading this message board I thought it would be only a matter of plugging a couple of things in and bolting the changer to the bracket. It would seem I was wrong, huh.