Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hello group,

I have a 2003 C4S that has this clanking noise when decelerating under 4000 rpm.

Sounds like a chain rattle.

The car is equipped with PSE.

Sounds terrible!

Any suggestions?

JG :help:

Hello group,

I have a 2003 C4S that has this clanking noise when decelerating under 4000 rpm.

Sounds like a chain rattle.

The car is equipped with PSE.

Sounds terrible!

Any suggestions?

JG :help:

if its the same problem that i had..then expect them to tell you that you need a new engine.... :o

It's fine on acceleration though. Just happens when slowing down.(It chatters)

There is no smoke or oil leaks.

I just had it's 15000 mile service at the dealer a few weeks back.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hello group,

I have to say, my Porsche Dealership gives awesome service. My car was scheduled for tomorrow a.m. .

I dropped the car off at 1p.m. this afternoon, at 5pm my car was completed. My hats off to them.

The noise issue turned out to be no more then a cracked tailpipe bracket section. (between the tailpipe and the muffler) They re-welded the bracket that the factory supplied on the car.

They also told me that it happens all the time.

Noise is Gone!!! :jump:

My only disappointment was that the mechanic did a bad job aligning the tailpipe. (it was aimed out to much like 2 inches.) But I adjusted myself when I got home.

I feel relieved that it was a easy fix and not serious engine problem.

Ciao

Hello group,

I have to say, my Porsche Dealership gives awesome service. My car was scheduled for tomorrow a.m. .

I dropped the car off at 1p.m. this afternoon, at 5pm my car was completed. My hats off to them.

The noise issue turned out to be no more then a cracked tailpipe bracket section. (between the tailpipe and the muffler) They re-welded the bracket that the factory supplied on the car.

They also told me that it happens all the time.

Noise is Gone!!! :jump:

My only disappointment was that the mechanic did a bad job aligning the tailpipe. (it was aimed out to much like 2 inches.) But I adjusted myself when I got home.

I feel relieved that it was a easy fix and not serious engine problem.

Ciao

Gald to see problem solve....but little know fact was that porsche did have a recall on 2002 to late 2003 on weld issue of this type failing.

happy motoring

• Admin
Gald to see problem solve....but little know fact was that porsche did have a recall on 2002 to late 2003 on weld issue of this type failing.

The exhaust recall that I am aware of was for "...exhaust tailpipes worldwide on 18,627 units of the 911 Carrera S and 911 Carrera 4S. This involves cars built between 20 April 2004 and 21 October 2005." This would not include his MY03 car.

• 3 months later...

The exhaust recall that I am aware of was for "...exhaust tailpipes worldwide on 18,627 units of the 911 Carrera S and 911 Carrera 4S. This involves cars built between 20 April 2004 and 21 October 2005." This would not include his MY03 car.

Hi Loren, sorry to jump into conversation. i had the same noise. I managed to get tailpipe off ond there is a crack in the bracket. my C4s is from april 2003 but it was bought in germany. how could i check if there was a recall for that? and if there was one what do i do? call dealer and ask to fix it?