Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

996 repair shop in Dallas Texas

I live in Dallas and can someone tell me a better repair shop I should go for my 1999 911 C2?

I live in Colleyville, used to live in Plano. I take mine to Boardwalk since my 997 is certified and under warranty, but they've really been bad lately since their doing crapy Audis too. Their in process of building just a Porsche dealership. Let me tell you, I sat in their waiting room for an hour while they checked in all these audis first. I won't go back 'til they get their sh** together. Park Place does a good job and are negotiable if you push 'em. If you're out of warranty, you're probably looking for someone other than the dealer. There's a shop off 183 in Bedford-- I beleive, right next to the Park Place Mercedes Dealership that does Porsche. From what I hear, good work at good prices. Some of the repair shops charge as much as the dealer, be wary. I'll see if I can find their name, my buddy uses them for his 993 and swears by them.

Edited by happy911

I live in Dallas and can someone tell me a better repair shop I should go for my 1999 911 C2?
I had a good experience with Autoscope at 9796 Ferguson Road in Dallas. Their shop was pleasant and clean with a comfortable waiting area. Good Luck.

I live in Colleyville, used to live in Plano. I take mine to Boardwalk since my 997 is certified and under warranty, but they've really been bad lately since their doing crapy Audis too. Their in process of building just a Porsche dealership. Let me tell you, I sat in their waiting room for an hour while they checked in all these audis first. I won't go back 'til they get their sh** together. Park Place does a good job and are negotiable if you push 'em. If you're out of warranty, you're probably looking for someone other than the dealer. There's a shop off 183 in Bedford-- I beleive, right next to the Park Place Mercedes Dealership that does Porsche. From what I hear, good work at good prices. Some of the repair shops charge as much as the dealer, be wary. I'll see if I can find their name, my buddy uses them for his 993 and swears by them.

Thanks alot! I think I know where is it.

• 2 weeks later...

Ruf Autocentre is close to the Addison airport on Commander St. They do non-Ruf work on Porsche and other imports. Great shop. They did nice work on my 2001 TT. Call and ask for Hans.

Chip