Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

EVO V-FLOW Reviews?

Hello All! I am new to this forum and am elated to have found it. Here's my deal: I have a 01 TT w/ K24, GT2 diverter valves, GT2 intercoolers, remapped ECU, Fabspeed 100 cell exhaust, Sachs Stage 3 clutch w/ single mass flywheel (huge difference, btw), and BMC (I think?) air filter... Also, H&R suspension and sway bars, 19" Champion 3 piece wheels and Strosek Front bumper and rear wing. This car, as most of yours I'm sure, is a work in progress as I can't afford to pay for everything at once (at the moment).

I have been eyeing the new EVO V-FLOW air intake, but my shop (a fairly well known race shop) tells me that it will hurt, not help performance, as it won't allow as much flow.... but I can't help but think that it would help based on everything I've heard. Does anyone have any experience with this unit? I am hoping someone has done a test without and then with the V-Flow... if not, maybe I'll do it...

Please advise.

Also: Any ideas on future cost effective upgrades? I am seriously considerung the new KKK blue printed turbos which my shop says will give me 670bhp on boost! Have to remap the ECU again though........

I was told that one issue is that it has less surface area than the stock filter element. I assumed that to mean that it is more restrictive because of this.

No personal experience myself though.

Nice project you have there btw. :)

First..the most important component is the turbo...K24 hybrids will be your best bet. As far as the V-flow (I have it)...I have to say I think your "race shop" is wrong. The V-flow allows more air to flow through...check the EVOMs web site for tech info (http://www.evoms.com/porsche%20ec%20art%20test.htm). Also check out aluminum intake plenums.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
I love the V-Flow. I installed mine a few weeks ago, and even noticed snappier starts in my TT...which, well, has snappy starts as it is ;)

Wow , I was just looking through some old posts and saw your Turbo. Very nice. I love the Tech Art wheels with the Graphite exterior. I live in Pasadena and have a 996 Carrera. Guess if I do see you I will have to get out of your way LOL!

Really a beautiful turbo!!

Take care

Phillipj