Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

07 Carrera S ?

Looks like it could happen. Years ago I came close to buying a Porsche 911 SC but settled for a Corvette. This time I'm going to do it! Things should come together and allow me to buy a new Porsche about the time the 07's start showing up.

So, anyone want to take the time to bring me up to speed?

911 Carrera S $81,400

Exterior Color, Black

Interior Color, Stone Grey Full Leather $3,365

Aerokit $6,990

Self Dimming Mirrors $385

Carrera Power Kit $16,900

Sport Chrono Package Plus $920

Sport shifter $765

19" Carrera S Wheel

Adaptive Sports Seats $3,055

Heated Seats $480

Fire extinguisher $140

Footrest in Aluminum $250

Extended Navigation Module $2,275

Electronic Logbook $650

Telephone module $960

Handset for Telephone Module $260

Bose High End Sound Package $1,390

Remote CD Changer $650

With the intended $40,000.00 in options the price jumps to $120,835.00. I've noticed that the cars my local dealer are not optioned nearly this heavy. Will I be regretting driving the price up so high?

Additionally, is there value in the power kit? or would I be better off spending the money with a tuner? Ditto for the aero kit.

I'm a Skip Barber graduate and former "local" Autocross champion with the Corvette. Where I live I'll have the opportunity to drive the car near it's limits almost everyday.

Power Kit will be covered by Porsche under warranty - Tuner Go Faster/May Not Be Correctly Engineered Stuff won't. If you are going to drop 120K + tax on a new car, make sure all of it is covered under warranty - you will sleep much better.

As for your option selection - seems comprehensive enough - whatever your finances can support!

Good luck!

Power Kit will be covered by Porsche under warranty - Tuner Go Faster/May Not Be Correctly Engineered Stuff won't. If you are going to drop 120K + tax on a new car, make sure all of it is covered under warranty - you will sleep much better.

As for your option selection - seems comprehensive enough - whatever your finances can support!

Good luck!

Personally, I'd drop the aero kit, the extended nav, the cd changer, and possibly the bose. The 2007 will play mp3 cd's, so you could burn probably more mp3's onto one cd than you could fit into the changer. I love a great sounding car stereo, I just don't think the 997 is a very good environment for good sound. Besides, the engine is so enjoyable to listen to. It's all a matter of what you want though. In the end it's your ultimate car, not anyone else's. Good luck, and enjoy.

I have everything on that list minus the Aerokit and Powerkit. But I do have the Sport design wheels and PSE... And I LOVE my car.

The Bose stereo sounds great, although there are more than a few times when I'll turn the stereo off to hear the PSE... Now that's a nice sound!

I do agree with mglobe about the changer, I never use it.

The adaptive seats fit great for me (I'm 6'1") and the sport shifter has a very precise feel to it.

The rest of the stuff is less useful but nice to have anyways...

I'm sure you'll love it anyway you set it up.

Took delivery of my 4S coupe one month ago, with X51 Powerkit and I'm amazed at the torque and free-revving nature of the engine - compared to my '03 C4 with Powerkit, the new one is over the top, particularly with Chrono Plus engaged, just amazing acceleration. I don't have much experience with the "standard" 3.8 liter S engine, so maybe that increase in displacement accounts for the big difference compared to the 3.6 liter engine, but if you can afford it go Powerkit with Chrono Package Plus.

Also ordered the 19" Carrera Sport wheels and got a nice surprise - the rears came with 17 mm spacers, really filling the wheel well, and widens the track. There was nothing in the option guide about this, so it surprised the dealer as much as me. May be something to do with the wider body of the 4S, but I like any nice surprise I get from Porsche!

• 2 weeks later...
With the intended $40,000.00 in options the price jumps to $120,835.00. I've noticed that the cars my local dealer are not optioned nearly this heavy. Will I be regretting driving the price up so high?

Additionally, is there value in the power kit? or would I be better off spending the money with a tuner? Ditto for the aero kit.

I'm a Skip Barber graduate and former "local" Autocross champion with the Corvette. Where I live I'll have the opportunity to drive the car near it's limits almost everyday.

Spend 130 and get the Turbo with Chrono.

This is what I went for:

post-10529-1150279298_thumb.jpg

BTW can anyone confirm the tyre widths (front and rear) for the Carrera sports wheels, I believe they're 10mm wider than the other options. I'm told the Carrera sports wheels are also in GT Silver.

I dropped the PSE because I didn't feel the sound improvement with no performance gain justified the extra cash but I know I'm in a minority here. The MP3 format makes the CD autochanger redundant, and I dropped the Bose to stay closer to my budget because my hearing is shot.