Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Seat Belt Warning Light

Longs story short-I removed the passenger side seat, ran the car for a week without the seat and the airbag light came on. That made sense. (Very handy by the way having no passenger seat, like having a staiton wagon!). I replaced the seat a week later, with the one electrical connector, and everthing works normally, except the airbag warning light won'g go out. I've run the car normally for a week, just the light.

There is one small electrical connector dangling with no mate, under the seat. I think it has 2 big pins. I looked hard and could find no mate. No mention in the service manual.

I'd like to avoid a trip to the dealer. I'm going to try my odbII reaeder but I suspect that will only address the CEL(which I don't have). Did I miss something. Is there anyway to reset the light??

Thanks for the reply. That's what a I figured. It's a bummer becaise I have the Elm ODBII scanner. I haven't tried but I doubt it will have the option to reset the airbag light... I'll find out how much a mechanic will charge for the 5 minutes it will take to reset the light.

Any other cheaper solutions?

• Moderators

A true OBD code reader is for emission code faults. Airbag light is not emisssion related. Durametric and I think another company has come out with OBD expanded software that can also turn off the light.

It is a 5 minute job to turn it off. I do not know of any trick way to do it. If you were in the San Jose area then there are a few local owners who could turn it off for you.