Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Finally put on the sport springs and sport muffler

Weeks back Alex911s was kind enough to sell me his unused H&R Sport Springs, as well as his german modified Sport muffler. My car is an'02 S with around 9200 miles. Well, the springs are on and the car looks and handles great (not as good as my track 911, but good). Today, I finally had time to put on the sport muffler. As you'll see from the next couple of pics, I took the remove everything from the back route. It's very simple and the job was done quickly, even with all my cleaning, etc. The clamps were easy to break (with a little WD40). The sport muffler is a factory muffler with extra "sound tubes" placed factory style, but above the valance for a discrete look. Sound is very good; deeper tone at idle, but "lets go" as you get into the revs (I also have the EVO High Flow kit). Around town, normal cruising doesn't sound much different, just more pronounced. I'm taking it to Road America this weekend for a little 2 hour trip. I'll most likely experience all the tones she has to offer.

Here are a couple after pics since I ran out of picture space. The car is lowered around 1.4" with a touch more agressive alignment. Wheels are 18x8 and 18X10s.

post-10990-1151027117_thumb.jpg

post-10990-1151027157_thumb.jpg

post-10990-1151027323_thumb.jpg

post-10990-1151027344_thumb.jpg

Hey, thanks Alex...you were a one stop shop! Just the parts I needed and hadn't got around to. I'll see if my son can capture some sound...I don't think my laptop has the capability( strictly business). I have a bunch friends racing this weekend while I'm watching. The 911 needs a couple things attended to which I've not had time for. I'm looking forward to a little cruise north of the border and hitting some back roads.

Thnaks again,

Jerry

post-10990-1151030116_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jerry, this is the exhaust from the german company.... you are the only one i hear from who now has the same exhaust as me....

I absolutely love it: throaty when you want but not intrusive a cruising speeds...

What do you think about it?

How did you mod your suspensions? cost + what bits did you change?

Regards,

Eric.

Hi Eric,

I highly recommend this exhaust to everyone. You are right, it is throaty when on the power, but not loud or intrusive. Cruising just gives a little deeper note. I've already sold my stock muffler on eBay to an '02 Boxster owner (2.7) that wanted double tips. Everyone is happy! As far as suspension, I had H&R sport springs installed in place of the stock springs. No shock changes were necessary as the H&Rs match up pretty well with the existing bits. This is strickly a street car, so I didn't want to go too agressive. The ride height is nice with good feel. Surprisingly, the sport springs almost feel progressive compared to the stock setup. Springs cost approx $350 and replacement/alignment was $650 by a local shop. Well worth the money.