The RennTech.org site is Member supported! - All new donations will go towards our 2015 operating expenses. Please consider an ANNUAL donation to help keep this site operating. Click here to Donate

Photo

how to reset pressure plate

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 smartrepair

smartrepair

Contributing Member

• Contributing Members
  • 163 posts
Neutral

Posted November 27, 2010 - 05:49 AM

Hi guys, I bought a 3.8 997 S engine, and it came with flywheel and clutch. The pressure plate and clutch were loose, and I want to install them. I did it once already, but the clutch disk is slipping.The parts are with no noticeable wear. I know the pressure plate is self-adjusting, and after done some searching I couldn´t find instructions how to install it. I hope the plate was properly removed... I suppose I must reset the pressure plate self adjusting mechanism somehow, what is the correct procedure? Many thanks! Kare

Want to get rid of these ads? It's easy... just become a Contributing Member.  Donate here

#2 wvicary

wvicary

Contributing Member

• Contributing Members
  • 2,923 posts
Excellent

Posted November 27, 2010 - 01:39 PM

I'm not aware of any reset procedure for these pressure plates. I know the old 928 had a centering procedure of the intermediate plate but that was a system that used two clutch disks.

#3 RFM

RFM

• Moderators
  • 3,436 posts
Excellent

Posted November 28, 2010 - 01:35 AM

The only option is to replace disc and press. plate. Since the original possition of the press. plate (pressure part versus diaphragm) was not marked before removing, you can not exactly find what the previous possition was.

Life starts @ 7.000 RPM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Want to get rid of these ads? It's easy... just become a Contributing Member.  Donate here

The RennTech.org site is Member supported!   Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org    Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org