Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest
There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.
Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org
- View Classified Ads
- DIY Tutorials
- Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
- VIN Decoder
- Special Offers
OBD II P-Codes
- Paint Codes
- Videos System
- View Reviews
- and get rid of this welcome message
It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE
Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)
- No ads - advertisements are removed
- Access the Contributors Only Forum
- Contributing Members Only Downloads
- Send attachments with PMs
- All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
- Option Codes Lookup
- VIN Option Lookups (limited)
This site is a place for Technical Porsche Discussion. The goal here is not to replace other Porsche site but to offer folks a place where the content is primarily technical.
If you need technical information about Porsche's (whether you own one or not), or would like to ask technical questions related to Porsche's this is the right place. We do ask that you register here in order to post or reply to a message. We do this so that moderators and others answering questions are not confused by several people with the "Guest" name.
- Please post your messages in one forum only. Crossposting, double posting, triple posting, etc. are all a waste of time and valuable resources. If you post the same message in multiple times or in multiple forums, we will delete the ones we feel are inappropriate.
- Please keep your posts on the topic - Porsche's and Porsche related technical discussions - period. Non-Porsche related content will be removed.
- No bumping. Do not bump posts. Bumping a post to "the top" does not help your topic get noticed. The volunteers who try to answer questions look for those without replies first - bumping defeats this. Bumped posts will be removed.
- No commercial posting, signatures, usernames, avatars, or profile statements (including images) are allowed. Please understand "advertisements" will be either edited or deleted, as it's neither "fair" to those who support this site - nor "us", the RennTech.org community.
- No personal soliciting of any kind of products, services, or funds.
- Name calling or harassment of any kind directed towards another member or members will not be tolerated.
- Messages, signatures, or usernames posted with vulgarity, sexual reference, or obscene images will be deleted, and a warning will be issued or you may be banned. Help keep our forums clean, and a cut above the rest.
- Negative, or disrespectful comments directed towards the Administrators or Moderators of RennTech.org will not be tolerated. Members who wish to take this approach will be banned.
- Please use the Search feature before posting. Many questions have been answered here already. Then, if you can not find your question/answer - post your question in the appropriate forum. Please do not send an email or a PM (Personal Message) to an Admin or Moderator before you have searched and posted.
- All PMs (Private Messages) will be saved for 1-year maximum (365 days). PMs older than that will be automatically deleted (to save expensive space).
Please remember, posting is a privilege! While we encourage free thinking, speech, and expressions, taking it to the edge can be harmful to others, as well as yourself. So let cooler heads prevail, and we will all be better for it.
By registering here you agree not to post (or link to) any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this site. Repeat offenders will be banned from this site and their accounts, as well as the offending material, will be deleted.
RennTech.org has a Zero Tolerance SPAM policy. Anyone spamming RennTech.org forums, or capturing e-mail addresses (in any way) will be immediately terminated, banned from this site. You will also be reported to your ISP and the FTC. If you violate this policy and it causes damage or loss to the servers or causes our websites to be interrupted from normal service, you will be held liable for damages and loss of business.
- Sending an e-mail with the RennTech.org name, or any of our website addresses, to anyone that has not requested this information from you first.
- Sending an e-mail with the RennTech.org name or our website address, to any type of "lead" or "prospect" before you have received a request for more info from them.
- Using any e-mail addresses found within RennTech.org to sign up any address to a mail list, private forum, public forum, unsolicited BULK MAILING or any/all e-mail that does NOT comply with OPT-IN / OPT-OUT services.
RennTech.org is a free site - supported by donations. The people that work behind the scenes to bring you what you see are all Porsche enthusiasts, as well as volunteers. The time and effort to run the site and forums are great. If you have suggestions or comments about the site, please present them in a constructive manner.
Finally, the rules are simple - keep it clean and friendly... and keep it on topic. This site is primarily for Porsche related technical questions and answers. If you feel the need to flame other individuals, companies or message boards then your participation will not be welcome here.