Call for Donations - All new donations go towards our 2014-2015 operating expenses. Please consider an ANNUAL donation to help keep this site operating. Click here to Donate

Photo

Tarett Drop Link Concern

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 The Beanster

The Beanster

Contributing Member

• Contributing Members
  • 36 posts
Neutral

Posted March 25, 2012 - 07:27 AM

After I installed Tarett drop links on my 997 GT3, I took the car in for a track alignment at TPC Racing. They gave me a hand-drawn note about the drop links and suggested that these are not suitable for the 997 GT3. Take a look at the attached photo I took of the note. Any comments greatly appreciated. Dsc02015.jpg

- Zoom Active -

Edited by The Beanster, March 25, 2012 - 07:28 AM.

Joe
---------------------
2007 997 Turbo - GT Silver      2011 Turbo S - Meteor Gray Metallic      2014 Cayenne Diesel- Dark Blue Metallic      2007 GT3 - Carrara White (sold!)

BBI Exhaust Systems are Junk - PM me for pictures and details.

#2 PAULSPEED

PAULSPEED

Contributing Member

• Contributing Members
  • 1,440 posts
Excellent

Posted March 28, 2012 - 05:19 PM

I just broke another one. There is not much you can do to improve the life of the links. The banjo bolt produces a lot of vertical stress. The threads on the nuts wear out. I have to dig under my car but I think the banjo bolt sheared at the threads. Yes I have a bigger a thicker sway bar to reduce roll. Paul

2006 997 S COUP / TIPTRONIC S / METALLIC SLATE GRAY / BOSE UPGRADE
SPORT CHRONO PACKAGE PLUS / SPEED YELLOW INSTRUMENT DIALS / 19" CARRERA SPORT WHEELS
LEATHER SPORT SEATS / REMOTE CD CHANGER / LEATHER SPORT STEERING WHEEL
SELF DIMMING MIRRORS / FIRE EXTINGUISHER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The RennTech.org site is Member supported!   Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org    Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org