Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Becker Gummy Knob Fix

Becker radio sticky knob fix. I actually performed this fix on my radio knobs about 3 months ago, but did not want to post anything until I know it is capable of surviving the 90+ heat wave we get here in DC. Well the fix helded up with not degradation in the appearance, texture, and feel so here is what I did. (sorry no pics of the painting) 1. Remove knobs from the radio by pulling the knobs straight out 2. If the knob have been textured from prior attempts to clean the gum

• 6 years later...

I’ve found that using a method that works for classic muscle car steering wheels, headlight switches, etc. also works for the Becker knobs. 

Toss ‘em in the dishwasher. There is a property in most dishwater detergents that gets rid of the sticky surface. If you don’t have a load ready to run and a captive silverware device (small plastic cage for plastic lids, etc.) then you can simply put a few drops of liquid dishwasher detergent (I recently used Cascade) and rub the knobs until you get a black slurry going, rinse and repeat as necessary. Generally, I’ll do it once and set the knobs out to dry...and do it again if they’re not to my satisfaction.  

Works like a champ.  

• 11 months later...

Mine were to the point of being soft like gummy bears so I 3D printed replacements.  Here's the link to the file if anyone wants to print their own. 

WWW.THINGIVERSE.COM

If the knobs on your Becker CDR-220 have become sticky this is an inexpensive way to replace them. Mine became so malleable I didn't even want to try any of the remedies that people suggest. Replacements were definitely in order in my case. Factory originals...

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...