Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Turbo bumpers on '02 C2 questions!

I purchased front and rear factory turbo bumpers for my '02 C2.

My buddy who owns a body shop will do the final install, pain, etc.

I removed the front bumper this weekend and noticed two things:

1. the bottom three holes where the bumper is bolted to the bottom of the vehicle do not match the pattern on the turbo bumper.

2. There is no indentures on the turbo bumpers to place the plastic headlight brow the sits below the headlights assembly and the top of the bumper. This is visible on the original bumper but not on the turbo bumper.

Does anyone have any personal experience installing turbo bumpers on a '02 C2?

Any light shed on the situation would be greatly appreciated. :D

I recently installed a turbo bumper on my C2. I didn't want that gap, so I searched for the parts used on the 40th anniversary. The part I found was called an air baffle/inlet, it surrounds the inside of the center grill and extends down to the mounting points of the body. The gap is completely gone with this part. The piece is quite large and qiute expensive but secures everything nicely.

Tha part number is:

p/n 996 504 085 00 707 It costs around 560 cdn wholesale or 700 retail.

I also bought these parts:

two headlight trim-996 505 741 02

-996 505 742 02

two finder liner extensions- 996 504 124 00

- 996 504 123 00

996Carrera.

Thank you for the information.

I guess I will have to purchase these parts.

What about the front bumper lip, the part the goes on the very bottom of the bumber? Did this part fit perfectly (I will buy along with the other parts)?

Any information you can share on the rear bumper? I know I will have to reroute the tips, as the openning on the turbo bumper are closer together.

Do you have any pictures of your car?

Thank again. This is very valuable information.

I am thinking of putting together some pictures of the istall in order to post on this site.

Gabo2K,

I bought the the C4S front lip for my turbo bumper and it fit perfectly. I was going for the 40th anniversary look with my GT3 side skirts. My bodyshop did the all the work on my car.

Look here for DIY bumper install with pictures

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showthr...ht=turbo+bumper

I don't have a rear turbo bumper, so I can't help you with that. You might want to try Doncapecod on 6speed or rennlist. I know he has installed a genuine rear turbo bumper.

If you want some pics of the finished product I can send them to you.

• 2 years later...

any pictures of this magic part 996 504 085 00 707?

also, why did you need new headlight trims and finder liner extensions? what is a finder liner extension anyways? :)

thanks.

I recently installed a turbo bumper on my C2. I didn't want that gap, so I searched for the parts used on the 40th anniversary. The part I found was called an air baffle/inlet, it surrounds the inside of the center grill and extends down to the mounting points of the body. The gap is completely gone with this part. The piece is quite large and qiute expensive but secures everything nicely.

Tha part number is:

p/n 996 504 085 00 707 It costs around 560 cdn wholesale or 700 retail.

I also bought these parts:

two headlight trim-996 505 741 02

-996 505 742 02

two finder liner extensions- 996 504 124 00

- 996 504 123 00