Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hi all,

May possibly be a very stupid question but my location cursor on my sat nav screen

shows i'm approx 30 miles north of my actual location? I've actually driven 40 -50

miles beyond this location (northerly) and the cursor then appears to be to the south of me???

I.E. it appears to be "stuck" within a 5 miles radius????

Is there any way to reset the cursor to my actual location or "zero" it?

my Nav CD is (as far as i'm aware) the most recent one?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

James.

• Moderators

Check the quantity of satellites the PCM recives in the open air, if you reed less of 4 you got a GPS antenna failure, not uncommon problem on Cayenne.

Check the quantity of satellites the PCM recives in the open air, if you reed less of 4 you got a GPS antenna failure, not uncommon problem on Cayenne.

that would certainly seem to point to the problem as there are no satellites found at all, any ideas as to where the gps antenna is located or is it integrated (i.e. very expensive no doubt!!!) into the sat nav unit?

Thanks for the info :)

They are inside the rear spoiler, most likely its a connection at the headunit, I would pull it and check it out first.

that would certainly seem to point to the problem as there are no satellites found at all, any ideas as to where the gps antenna is located or is it integrated (i.e. very expensive no doubt!!!) into the sat nav unit?

They are inside the rear spoiler, most likely its a connection at the headunit, I would pull it and check it out first.

Thanks for the info, i'm out of the country at the moment but i'll try that as soon as i get home:)

How do you check the quantity of satellites the PCM receives?

Not at home at the moment so can't tell you exactly how to get to the screen but on one

of the main navigation screens there is a small banner running across the bottom that tells you how many satellites

your system is recieving a signal (can't be hard to find I think, as i'm a complete novice and I stumbled across it! :))

Someone with access to the system can maybe talk you through finding it.

its on one of the Sat Info menus along with speed and altitude

Not at home at the moment so can't tell you exactly how to get to the screen but on one

of the main navigation screens there is a small banner running across the bottom that tells you how many satellites

your system is recieving a signal (can't be hard to find I think, as i'm a complete novice and I stumbled across it! :))

Someone with access to the system can maybe talk you through finding it.

• 1 year later...

Hi!

I know its been a while since this post regarding the locked GPS antenna i.e the pcm display stopped showing the actual position on the display with 0 satellites, I have come across the same thing in my 2005 Cayenne and am at a loss.

I was wondering what the outcome of your situation was, were you able to locate the antenna (ive searched everywhere, including rear spoiler and cannot find it)

Or did you have to have it replaced, if so was it expensive (silly question lol)

Thanks very much in advance,

Regards,

R15H

The antenna is in the rear top spoiler, right side, black square block. It's not that expensive at all (Porsche rules)

Thanks for that buddy,

In order to get to it, hav i gotta take off the spoiler? (im guessing so) as thats really what i cant figure out, is it the case that i need to remove bolts from the inside and get it off?

Basically Porsche UK will be charging £150 minimum to look at it, im certain thats where the problem lies as i've pulled out the head unit and the connection to the gps antenna looks solid, ive looked under my drivers seat and made sure all cables there are in place, the only thing left to do is get to the antenna itself and check connection im guessing, dude and if it is the case that i need to replace the antenna, is it a quick unplug, plug in new one and there we go or is it a case of having to reqire the whole thing from the antenna to the next port of call..

You help is much appreciated RFM, i love my car, with a broken GPS just feels kinda empty lol

• Moderators

The spoiler cover comes off if you remove the screws, which are located above the glass part of the hatch , on the inside behind round black plastic covers (you have to open the glass part). Lift the spoiler cover on the rear side a little and pull off rearwards. The antenna is screwed on and simple to replace.

The spoiler cover comes off if you remove the screws, which are located above the glass part of the hatch , on the inside behind round black plastic covers (you have to open the glass part). Lift the spoiler cover on the rear side a little and pull off rearwards. The antenna is screwed on and simple to replace.

I can't thank you enough, I'll try this tom and see how far I get.

I bow to your knowledge.