Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

When I start up cold in the morning everyhting runs fine. Once it warms up (within about 15 minutes) it starts hesitating and running rough at idal. It smells like it's running rich and my milage drops by 4 mpg! I have about 73,000 mile so I figured I would change out the coils and the spark plugs. Nothing changed. Any ideas???

RFM,

Thanks always for your help!

P0300 - Random Cylinder misfire

P0303 - #3 misfire

P0352 - Coil B Primary / Secondary circuit misfunction

P0302 - #4 Cylinder misfire

This problem came on instantly. I just changed the coils and plugs. It is hesitating and running rich.

Checked the fuses. No problem there. I guess I can pull all of the covers and check the connections. I was carefull to make sue they were in all the way but a second look wouldn't hurt. Do you know the cylinder order?

• Moderators

Weird, are you sure about the correct coil and connector install, cylinder 3 and 4 are not very easily accessible (V8).

Came the problem suddenly (spontaneously) or after a modification, work on the car or something ? The relationship between engine running time/engine temp. and the showed codes looks strange to me, sure there are no further codes in the memory and no CEL ? The actual values should provide more clarity to the problem, in some cases the throttle body was the culprit. Clear the codes, do a test drive and check the codes again with a PIWIS if possible.

• Moderators

Cylinder 4 is closest to the firewall, cylinder bank 1, right side of the car (with the oil filler cap). Success.

RFM,

I pulled bank 1 cover and the torsion mount (twice). The first time I noticed that cyliner 2 or 3 (the one under the mount) wiring was pulled out. I plugged it back in and it ran perfect! I put it back together and fired it up... more hesitation! What had happened was I routed the wire for the coil UNDER the mount. Once I tightened the mount it pulled out the coil wire. After re-routing the wire ABOVE the mount, no more problems. Thanks again for everyones time and advice. I would have not been happy if the plug/coil job didn't fix the hesitation.