Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Softronic Ecu Flash.... My 2 Cents

As promised here is my review on the softronic ecu flash on my 2005 C2S:

Uploaded the tuned ecu file on Friday night so I've had the whole weekend to test it out. As most people have said before I don't think I got any substantial increase in horse power (need a dyno test to make sure though) but anyways I can try to explain how the car feels whilst driving it. First thing I immediately noticed was when you accelerate full on throttle the red line has increased noticeably, from what I can see the car is changing gears at around 7,200 to 7,400 rpm... So when your accelerating the increased red line makes the acceleration more aggressive. The second thing that i noticed, and this took some driving around to notice, was the power surge in the car feels much more aggressive. I'm not a car expert but I think the torque got stronger. In any gear your in it just feels the car is more alive and the power is just more raw! In sports mode the car down shifts more often, its as if the car wants you to gun it all the time :) ... Finally I have a PSE installed and now with the ECU flash the exhaust is a little louder.... Also before the flash there were times in mid range rpms when the exhaust note would disappear and come back at higher rpm's, now with the flashed ECU the exhaust is audible through the whole gear range...

To sum it up, the car didn't get much faster but the dynamics of the power in the car did improve to become a tab more sportier, also improved the exhaust sound in the sense that its audible all the time (nothing that annoys you though, nice sporty sound). I'd bet that with this flash the car could lap a better lap time than stock when its left in automatic sports mode since its down shifting earlier to make sure you have optimal power going out of turns and the red line for changing gears has increased.... Plus since the torque feels stronger the car has a more aggressive sporty feel to it... I am happy with the results. If you are going to purchase this upgrade from softronic don't go in thinking your going to get a faster car in terms of horse power just expect the car to put its horses down to the tarmac in a more sporty manner....

Hope this is helpful.... Feel free to send me any questions you may have...

• 4 months later...