Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hi all

Can anyone point me in the right direction on where i can buy a replacement PCM screen for a 2004 cayenne turbo. Mine is going a bit funny, the colours invert and if i give it a slight tap on the side its fine again - so im guessing either the ribbon cable is loose or the screen is on its way out.

I live in the UK - can anyone suggest where I can buy just the screen from?

Thanks

I remember someone in Eastern Europe. maybe Romania did it, it was a while ago so I know a replacement screen is possible. I cannot find the posts, someone else may remember. I seem to recall he took it apart to find the part number and found it pretty easy once he had it. Sorry i cant be of more help

Thanks for the replies guys, I had already seen that and watched the video - I normally spend quite a bit of time searching before asking the question to avoid duplicate questions!

I can easily take the unit apart and replace the screen but still have the problem on where to get a screen from... I have found somewhere in America that wants $600 + shipping, but I'd rather buy it from the UK as it may get damaged in transit. BUT it might just be the ribbon cable - i have ordered some torx screwdrivers so as soon as they arrive I will take a closer look. hopefully it is just the ribbon cable, so maybe re-seating that may help (fingers crossed...!)

try this:

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/cayenne/192424-porsche-radio-nav-pcm-2-1-faulty-screen-replacement-tutorial-video-how.html

mine does the same thing but have not been able to justify spending money on it considering it doesn't have ipod or bluetooth, etc. Let us know how it turns out and if you've been able to fix

That same post has a link to an ebay seller that use to carry them. I remember visiting the ebay page and found them for sale. When i checked today it seems that they are no longer listed. I would just email him asking if they are still available....

When I was looking for one, I did not find anyone else that had them except that guy in the post. good luck

Found this on the UK ebay site: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sharp-6-5-LCD-Display-BMW-Idrive-PCM-Navi-system-/290371492293?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item439b7d59c5

no idea what it means to buy international or how good/legit this is. I just did a search directly into ebay's UK site since it only searches the US one normally.

• Upvote 1

lol...very funny mudman ;)

Thanks Richard, i had already contacted Putnoe and they don't do them, I have contacted the other company.

there seems to be someone in Japan who has them (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toshiba-6-5-Display-Audi-RNSE-BENZ-comand-PCM2-1-/170410204314?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27ad3d5c9a#ht_808wt_906) - the image is not correct on the auction but i have emailed him. i will let you all know where to get these screens from when i can find out.

krist007/and others - i've attached images of what screen is doing - is yours doing the same? im at the stage now whereby tapping the side of the dash is not fixing it, and it just randomly goes back to normal colours from looking like that in the images...

i have contacted some scrap merchants, if i was able to buy an entire PCM 2.1 unit - would it replace my existing one without any ECU reprogramming or similar? or is every PCM unit unique to that Cayenne?

Thanks

post-64563-0-07472700-1293794376_thumb.j

post-64563-0-56828100-1293794385_thumb.j

Mine is doing exactly the same thing. sometimes i will go over a pot hole and it will change to this and later (on another pothole) it will go back to normal.

I've found that if i put my thumb on the bottom right corner and push upward on the screen (not in towards the dash but as if you were trying to move it up) it seems to correct it easiest and lasts the longest time in normal colors.

have not been able to justify the $$$ required to replace this, give that i have the earlier versions of PCM2.1 (no phone buttons) and don't have any updates (no updated maps, no iphone hook up, no bluetooth, no phone, etc.)

When I've asked the question before on the forums, ppl have told me that it is direct plug/replace. the only thing may be that some things by have to be enabled by the dealer...

Maple replied and want in the region of £400 to repair which is a bit steep, the guy from Japan on the eBay auction is saying he can supply a new screen for around £200 and confirms it is compatible with my PCM2.1 - I might get the screen and just fit it myself... but knowing my luck it won't be the right screen!

Try these people:

Putnoe Radio Services

12 Clifton Ave

Hartlepool

TS26 9QN

01429 869220

official Becker service agents

Maple Audio

4/5 Hayes Place

Bear Flat

Bath

BA2 4QW