Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Can the AC Controls be moved?

My 2000 Boxster did not come with cup holders.

In my cetner section, I have first the electronic AC Controls, and below that is the CDR-220. Then on the lower panel, (which is angled and would not be suitable for cup holders) I have the CD Storage bin, and then an open bin.

My question . . . could I move the AC Controls to the lower bin (all the way at the bottom) to accomodate the cup holder module shown on this link?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSCHE-996...050153651QQrdZ1

Has anyone done it? Pics? Is it super-hard? Or is there a better solution?

THanks,

Todd

it can be done. the issue that you *may* run into is that the climate control unit wires may not be long enough to stretch from their previous position in the top slot to the lowest slot. mine did (MY97), but i have a friend with a 2003 that was unable to get them to reach down there.

you'll also need a tapered bezel that surrounds that C/C unit for the bottom slot. you can order it from Sunset Imports www.sunsetimports.com for about $7.

i'd get rid of that CD holder too. it's more trouble than it's worth... you can put your cubby in that slot.