After reading this forum on Saturday, I went about replacing my amber side markers with clear side markers. After partially removing the wheel well liner like this forum and the owner manual suggests I struggled to remove the first side marker. After about 20 minutes, the first amber marker was out. What a chore. Now that I could see specifically how and where the marker attached (with pressure clips) I decided to take a different approach on the second side...
1. Slip a piece of fishing line (I used 40lb test) under the front point of the side marker. You may have to put a little pressure on top or bottom of the lens to free up a gap to get the line completely under the point of the light.
2. Carefully work the line back from the point 1/2 to 3/4 inch toward the center of the light.
3. Holding both end of the fishing line, give the line a firm tug, not too hard. This will unclip the lens form front pressure clip and partially from the rear pressure clip
4. Carefully remove the lens the rest of the way from the rear pressure clip and a slight tilt will also release the safety clip as well.
5. Remove the bulb from the amber lens, replace bulb with amber bulb, align slots on bulb gasket with clear lens align tabs on clear lens with pressure clips on vehicle and press lens into place.
Total time expended on first side (using the owner’s manual method) 30 minutes by the time I put everything back together.
Total time expense on second side 4 minutes.
I hope this helps everyone save some time so you can spend less time with your hand(s) wedged up inside the fender well and more time behind the wheel.