Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

boxter top problems

:cursing:

hi there i am a tech for valley eurotec in abbottsford B C i have a boxter s 2000 that has a soft top problem. We have a porshe program showing us whats what and how to test all the things that need to be tested but we r stuck now as we dont know which way to go the problem is that the roof doesnt go up or down and the windows dont go down either when u release the roof latch i have tested all the inputs to the module and everything checks out i have removed the relay carrier and given the motor 12v and the roof will go up and down so we know there is not a problem with the motor.I have done all the tests that porsche say to do but when i get to a couple of tests the input is not there and the pin is missing on the relay i have tried another module in the vechile and still the same problem but this module was out of another vechile and i not sure if it was a earlier or later one as i know now that there r two different types of module looking on the website. Ok if if anyone can shed some light on this matter it would be appreciated as i,m getting a bit frustrated now

thanks ken{valley euroteec bc}

• Moderators

Have you ruled out the hand brake switch?

I would try another top control unit/relay. The part for a 1997-1999 is different than 2000-2004. There were problems with the unit on some early 2000s. The blue base where the pins are should have a black dot.

If the windows do not drop then that can be a bad microswitch where the top latch is, or the control unit.

If pin 18 is missing on the control unit then someone broke it off so that the top could be operated while the car is moving.