Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

987 Front bumper removal/other models that fit

Hey everyone i had a bit of :drive: over the weekend at a track day. I messed up the front bumper cover a lil bit. It has a slight bend under that fake center inlet which is pushing that inlet out. I'd like to try and fix it however I need to know how easy is it to remove the bumper cover? I saw a bunch of screws under it, any one have instructions?

Also, since I may have to buy a replacement cover, does anyone know of any other models that fit, such as the 997-911 or 997 gt3? I know i saw a few pics of 996 gt3 bumpers on 986 boxsters....does that mean the 997 gt3 bumper will fit the 987?

I'd appreciate any help!

thanks

The lights and front wings on the boxster 987 are particular to the cayman and boxster 987. Therefor it follows that the cayman bumper is possibly a direct fit , but would require some rewiring for the front fogs etc. The front wings from a 997 should fit a 987 , therefore conceptually you could build a 997 carrera or GT3 front end onto a boxster 987. IMHO this would look perfect as I'm not convinced about the Boxster lights, and prefer the 997 light .

Yeehaw

The front wings or fenders as they call them in the US are different on the 997 and 987 so you would need to replace the front fenders, the front bumper and also the front lights. Probaly best to try and find a wrecked 997 and get the lights from the bumper and then order a kit of front wings from one of the carbon shops advertisijng on e bay.

Hi Toolpants... From what you have seen so far , would you think it possible to put a carrera or aerokit front bumper onto a 987 boxster if the front wings and headlamps from a 997 were also fitted in place of the boxster items ? Other than the indicator/ front fog lights being different would the headlamp with their rear connections into the front wings be a direct fit ? There seem to be a number of styling companies offering 997 front bumper and lights styling for the 986 and 996. This to me suggests it is almost a straight swap to update or to fit 997 parts onto a boxster 986/987. Is this correct ?

• Moderators

On the 996/986 it was easy to swap parts as the cars were basically the same from the doors forward.

I am not up to speed on the 997/987. All I know is that some 987 owners who have used the Cayman front bumper cover.

Then, I guess you can dream about this....

post-4-1160751852_thumb.jpg

• 16 years later...