Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

2003 Boxster S M030 Par numbers

OK -- I have my new 2003 Boxster S and I am preparing it for SCCA stock class competition.

What are the part numbers for the US 030 suspension for 2003 (shocks, springs, and sway bars)? I had heard that for 03 some things changed.

Front bar size of non 030?

Front bar size of 030?

Rear bar bar size of non 030?

Rear bar size of 030 (I had heard this is the same as non 030, but I want to be sure)?

I got a link to a site with some of this info, but the site is not up-to-date with 2003 info. Here is the site: http://cb-racing.com/boxster_030.htm

and here are the discrepencies I saw in comparing the part numbers a dealer gave me:

For the rear springs I got part number:

986.333.531.36 504 USA030 for the 6 speed vs. the 986.333.531.32 504 part listed on the site.

Also, for the front springs I got part number

986.343.531.16 504 USA030 vs the 986.343.531.12 504 part listed on the site

Anyone know the differences? Which one is correct?

One more thing, are the part numbers the same for 2004 M030?

Thanks in advance,

James Gunn-Wilkinson

Edited by jgunn

• Moderators

For a 2003 S 6 speed with USA M03. Double check with your dealer as Porsche likes to change part numbers.

Front. Shocks 986 343 041 31. Springs 986 343 531 16 504 - you were given the correct part number. For the bar 2 part numbers are listed 996 343 701 04 and 996 343 701 10 - do not know why as the year and option codes listed are identical for both parts. Sometimes Porsche will have 2 parts listed for the same application - with a notation that once the older part is exhausted from inventory then only the newer part will be available - but there is no notation for the bar.

Rear. Shocks 986 333 051 31. For the spring the part number you have is for a 5 speed manual transmission M03. 2 part numbers are listed for the springs 986 333 531 39 504 and 986 333 531 40 504 - the second part number is for a 6 speed - the first part number does not list the transmission type like Porsche usually does. Bar 986 333 701 11. Jeff

Thanks for the response!

OK -- the front seems pretty simple. I think the front bar 10 is m030 and the 04 is regular S.

The rear is a different story. You are sure the 36-504 is for a 5 speed non-s?

Edited by jgunn

• Moderators

The 986 333 531 36 504 has the M codes 481 and 030 next to the part number, and the year is 2003 up. 481 is a 5 speed manual transmission. 030 is of course the sport suspension. So that spring is for a 2003/4 2.7 with a manual transmission according to the parts list. Double check with your dealer.