Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

CDC-3 CD Changer fix/refurbish/replace ?

Happy Holidays all !

:help:

Open question to the collective Renntech forums ? The CDC-3 Changer in my '99 Boxster appears to have taken a liking to the CD casette and refuses to "spit it out".

Additionally, although there were some signs of life, with the odd whirr and click, it is now deathly quiet under the front hood (bonnet for the UK among us).

So, while being dreadfully loathe to be wasteful and make a doorstop out of the changer, any ideas on where in the SF Bay Area one can get it diagnosed and potentially treated, or for extra points, perhaps a step by step guide to nursing the beastie back to health ?

Any and all suggestions warmly welcomed.

Cheerio

James

• Moderators

I seem to remember if it is stuck you have to send it in so it can be taken apart. But you can try the Becker board. http://www.beckerautosound.com/beckerboard/index.php

In the old days there was a Becker shop accross the street from Stevens Creek Porsche, but it is now gone. I think it was called New Hope Electronics.

You can contact Becker North America on the East Coast for the name of a local repair place or just send it directly to Becker. http://www.beckerautosound.com/Index.html.htm

This local guy had 2 bad changers. http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?s...&hl=changer

If you want to play around with it there is a work on cars next month. I can put your changer in my car and see if that does any good - but I doubt it will.