Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

SF south Bay Area owner with x74? Test ride?

Hi,

I am considering the x74 suspension for my car and was looking for someone that has it installed that would be willing to give me a test ride to see what it is like.

I live in Campbell and occasionally attend the Santana Row Saturday meet.

Thanks,

Andy

I'm actually on the Right coast but I do have the X74. I installed it to replace my US M030 suspension. I have been very very happy with it. In my opinion, it is substantially similar to a GT3 ride, or at least my neighbors '04. It has made a world of difference in handling without being too incredibly jarring. Be aware that it is very firm and does not really like rough roads but on a decent piece of asphalt, it really makes my '99 C2 handle fantastically. You'll also have to be careful going into and out of steep driveways. The X74 drops the car about 40mm from the stock US ride height (IIRC). Depending on your bumper and driving, you could have some 'issues'. I have scraped my Aero I bumper more than a few times but because it is flexible urethane I've just got some scratches underneath and not really visible, except to the roadkill. :D

Hi,

I am considering the x74 suspension for my car and was looking for someone that has it installed that would be willing to give me a test ride to see what it is like.

I live in Campbell and occasionally attend the Santana Row Saturday meet.

Thanks,

Andy

What time is the Santana Row Saturday meet, and where (which parking lot)?

What time is the Santana Row Saturday meet, and where (which parking lot)?

It is every Saturday when there is good weather. ~9AM in the back corner parking lot on the movie theater end.

Follow this link for more details, only change is people are not getting there as early as 8am anymore.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50520

Often there is an impromptu drive afterwards.

Andy

santanarow.jpg

Edited by UCrazyKid