Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Buying a 2002 C4S Coupe Tiptronic

Hi,

I'm about to buy some new tires for a 2002 C4S Coupe Tip. They currently have 295/30/ZR18 on them. What is the skinniest I can go on these. I want to put Z rated all seasons on it, therefore wanted to find out. The fattest all seasons are 275/35/ZR18 (but these are about 2% larger according to the calculator). I wanted to put 265/35/ZR18, which the factory manual suggests, however, I am not sure it will fit the wheels I have.

Thanks for your help gurus.

Prado

The C4S is a wide body and comes with wider rear wheels/tires.

I'd think you should stick with 295's. Why would you want to go with narrower tires? :huh:

I want to put Z rated All seasons on the car. The fattest all season tires available are 275/35/ZR18.

Factory recommends 265/35/ZR18 on the rear as long as the wheels are 18x10J

I am uncertain if the C4S Coupe comes with 18x10J or 18x11J on the rear wheels.

If they are 18x11J, then I will have to use the 275/35/ZR18, which makes a 2% diff (which is still below the safety limit of 3%).

Have you been to TireRack.com ? I would look there and call them. They make a living both from performance automobiles and from winter tires and will have an idea that works and will stand behind it. I have bought tires from them exclusively for over 15 years. Just scope out their website and call one of their experts and see if you are not pleased with the outcome. Good luck.

I'd think you should stick with 295's. Why would you want to go with narrower tires? :huh:

I want to put Z rated All seasons on the car. The fattest all season tires available are 275/35/ZR18.

If they are 18x11J, then I will have to use the 275/35/ZR18, which makes a 2% diff (which is still below the safety limit of 3%).

Thats who I always buy from...anyhow..bought some Yokohama ADVAN S.4 275/35/18. They fit great..and are rated #1 on TireRack.

Thanks for all the help.

Prad

Have you been to TireRack.com ? I would look there and call them. They make a living both from performance automobiles and from winter tires and will have an idea that works and will stand behind it. I have bought tires from them exclusively for over 15 years. Just scope out their website and call one of their experts and see if you are not pleased with the outcome. Good luck.

• 3 months later...

[Re-posted below under a new topic at http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=16954 which would be more appropriate]

I've recently taken delivery of a 2004 C4S. This would be the fourth Porsche having previously owned a 930 Turbo, 964 C4 and 993 C2 in succession! This forum has been extremely valuable for me (and became a Contributing Member as a result) and I've never had to post a question until now as it was almost certain to find the answers I needed using the search feature.

My first post is relevant to the subject here as I am setting out to get winter tires for my C4S.

I am planning to go with the Porsche N-spec and dealer recommended Pirelli Winter 240 SnowSport 225/40R18 fronts and 265/35R18 rears. The user manual recommends that the rears are mounted on 10J x 18 but the stock wheels are 11J x 18 (fronts are same for summer/winter so that's good). According to my dealer, the 265/35R18s will fit and work fine with the 11J x 18 but "will look a bit odd" because the tire contact tread width will be narrower than wheel rims.

Can anyone share any experiences or shed some light on mounting the 265/35R18s on the 11J x 18? Is it necessary to get a pair of 10J x 18 rears just for winter use?

Edited by AgeRebel