Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

987S racing seats

Hi folks,

Any suggestions on vendor and brand for a racing seat? I'm considering a Sparco Evo XL. Insights and suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Nestor

Hi Nestor,

I have also been looking for seats and I came across these very nice Recaro Sportster CS Hybrid Sport Seats, which while allowing the racing feel do not necessarily make the day to day driving tiring. I have not purchased yet, mainly because of the price...

I would also look at the Recaro Pole Position...

Best,

Gustavo

Hi Nestor,

I have also been looking for seats and I came across these very nice Recaro Sportster CS Hybrid Sport Seats, which while allowing the racing feel do not necessarily make the day to day driving tiring. I have not purchased yet, mainly because of the price...

I would also look at the Recaro Pole Position...

Best,

Gustavo

Thanks for the advice Gustavo. Both look like good choices. Hadn't thought about the Pole Position. Might be just what I need for track days. My biggest concern right now is safety as my helmet sticks about an inch above the rollbar.

Nestor

Thanks for the advice Gustavo. Both look like good choices. Hadn't thought about the Pole Position. Might be just what I need for track days. My biggest concern right now is safety as my helmet sticks about an inch above the rollbar.

Nestor

I hear you...I have the same problem with the head touching the roll-bar and have been looking for a solution. I have read about the subject and it seems that only the seat replacement won't take care of the matter, you will also need to add BK brackets. Search a posting entitled "comfortable ride for 6'4'' which I started in this forum...They give the links to the brackets as well as some useful info.

I have not solved my problem yet. Lets keep in touch and let me know if you come across something interesting.

PS: I am not sure any XL seat will fit in the 987 or 986s.

I hear you...I have the same problem with the head touching the roll-bar and have been looking for a solution. I have read about the subject and it seems that only the seat replacement won't take care of the matter, you will also need to add BK brackets. Search a posting entitled "comfortable ride for 6'4'' which I started in this forum...They give the links to the brackets as well as some useful info.

I have not solved my problem yet. Lets keep in touch and let me know if you come across something interesting.

PS: I am not sure any XL seat will fit in the 987 or 986s.

This is turning out to be more of a problem than I initially envisioned. I'll search out the other thread. The BK roll bar extension apparently doesn't work for the 987. Let's do keep in touch.

Nestor

Hi Nestor it is a little complex, but with the seats and the BK brackets (not roll-bar extensions) you should be fine.

The link to the brackets is: http://www.bkauto.com/porsche/aftermarket.php

For the 987 all BK products are here: http://www.bkauto.com/porsche/specs.php?mo...&Submit.y=7

Best, Gustavo

Edited by gandrade1