Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

New Work On Kirk's Car

Well I finally got some work done on my car (2000 Boxster S) and thought I'd share... especially since I haven't actually got much done at our work on car days. :rolleyes:

I bought some dzus 1/4 turn fasteners to help hold down my carbon fiber hood. The fit wasn't great and it was bulging in the middle. After some work with fabricating the brackets, drilling, etc, etc, I finally got that project done and it looks really great. The fit of the hood is 95% perfect now and it looks a little more racey with the racing panel fasteners. I'm even tempted to add more. :P

I got my new lower stress bars installed and they are 4X easier to install than the old home-made bars I had on the car. Adjustable heim joints are what made the install so much easier. I'm testing them now to see how they hold up.

I just got new wheels for the car last night. 18" BSA's with Falken RS615 tires. The wheels look awesome on the car with it lowered on Gemballa springs. It's a bit more mean looking and I love the 2.5" polished lip in the back. Now I just need some chrome wheel bolts... Grip from the tires is great. As I had discussed with Loren though the rear is pushing it a bit for width (18X10 wheels with 275 tires) so I rub under extreme circumstances. I'm looking for someone local who can roll my rear fenders professionally, using a tool like Loren said Shark Works in SF has.

Finally, I got some new aluminum pedals that look great. Those are going to go on the car tonight. I bought a 90 degree adaptor for my drill to make the install easier. So if any of you get pedals and want help installing them, I've got the best tool for the job.

So, sorry, but it looks like I'm not saving anything for the next work on cars day! :P My next project is a fiberglass Gemballa GT bumper I just picked up cheap due to some damage. I'm going to patch up the cracks and have an exhaust made for it (exhaust comes out of the middle of the bumper, up high, like a Carrera GT). But that's not really a work on cars day type of project and will take me weeks and weeks to complete - a good winter project.

I'll follow up with some photos shortly.

Kirk

Edited by Bristol