Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I've got a 2006 997 C4 Cab still under the original warranty and I intend to keep the car for many years to come, and I am wondering if I should investigate the Porsche extended warranty options.

Anyone have anyt thoughts/info/experience with Porsche's extended warranty program? I'm told by the dealer there are many options as long as the car is still under the original warranty (which it is).

Thanks in advance!

Damon

I've got a 2006 997 C4 Cab still under the original warranty and I intend to keep the car for many years to come, and I am wondering if I should investigate the Porsche extended warranty options.

Anyone have anyt thoughts/info/experience with Porsche's extended warranty program? I'm told by the dealer there are many options as long as the car is still under the original warranty (which it is).

Thanks in advance!

Damon

Greetings:

I have a 06 C2S with 3150 miles on the clock. I talked to the Porsche dealer here in San Diego. They have different levels of an extended warranty program which basically covers another 3 years ( after the original 4 years ) and up to 100K miles. They told me that I should come in at least 30 days before the original warranty expires and have at least 1k miles lasting on the original warranty. ( like that will be hard ). I talked to the service department manager for about 30 minutes. His advise was that the 997 is so good that I would be wise only to buy a powertrain warranty and forget the rest. A full warranty here in California costs about $3200 for the 3 years/100K miles at the best level. I plan on just the powertrain warranty when I'm close to the expiration of the original.

Chromedome

...His advise was that the 997 is so good that I would be wise only to buy a powertrain warranty and forget the rest.

Hmm, don't take this the wrong way but I wonder what he based that claim on given that no 997 have been around longer than the 4 yr warranty yet?

...His advise was that the 997 is so good that I would be wise only to buy a powertrain warranty and forget the rest.

Hmm, don't take this the wrong way but I wonder what he based that claim on given that no 997 have been around longer than the 4 yr warranty yet?

Greetings:

I beleive that the 997 has been available since late 2004 ( for the 05MY ). My service manager said that he has seen very few problems with any 997 as of yet. One would extrapolate that in 3 and 1/2 years of availabilty and some individuals driving 15-20k miles per year, you'd see 997's coming in for service that had anywhere from 50 to 60k miles on them. He said the 997 is that good. I'd expect that in 50 to60k miles some issues would show up.......his view, not mine. I have to trust someone.

Chromedome