Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

routing XM modulator wires

Hi folks,

I will be mounting my XM Airware on the console, and need to run my modulator wiring up the passenger side of the console to plug into the antenna connection of the CDR23.

I have no issues with sliding out the CDR23. I already did it to do a dry run of the modulator to ensure it worked properly.

Now I want to do a permanent mount. How do i get my modulator cables up into the cavity in the back of the CDR23?

I have seen posts referring to shining a flashlight from the passenger footwell to see where the cable should run into the back.

Do I remove the passenger footwell, black plastic piece? Do you run something akin to a fish tape in through the CDR23 opening and down into the passenger foot well in order to pull the modulator cables up?

thanks for the help........

Edited by BoxyLady

• 4 weeks later...
Hi folks,

I will be mounting my XM Airware on the console, and need to run my modulator wiring up the passenger side of the console to plug into the antenna connection of the CDR23.

I have no issues with sliding out the CDR23. I already did it to do a dry run of the modulator to ensure it worked properly.

Now I want to do a permanent mount. How do i get my modulator cables up into the cavity in the back of the CDR23?

I have seen posts referring to shining a flashlight from the passenger footwell to see where the cable should run into the back.

Do I remove the passenger footwell, black plastic piece? Do you run something akin to a fish tape in through the CDR23 opening and down into the passenger foot well in order to pull the modulator cables up?

thanks for the help........

There is a single black plastic panel behind/below your glovebox. ONE screw removes the entire panel, and you can access the entirety of the dash space with relative ease from there. I will be posting pictures of my ipod adapter setup (which was stored behind that panel) tomorrow, which includes pictures of that panel removed for your reference.

thanks 3ball.

i did find the single screw, and pulled down the housing.

It really was not that hard with a flashlight in the footwell, and the CDR23 pulled out. I was able to feed the cabling through the back. install looks great!

thanks again for the reply