Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

• 3 weeks later...

If you're talking about the tray that slides out that also houes the ash tray, it's quite an intensive job I've heard. I would try to get the coins out by going from above. The horshe trim that goes around the HVAC and radio is pretty easy to remove and then you can remove the HVAC controls pretty easily. Note, I used dental floss to remove the horshoe trim instead of a pry bar/screw drive. Just work the dental floss under it and pull it out. I found that this did less damage to the surrounding leather.

Also, the trim that goes around the shifter is very easy to removed. Remove the two trim screws under the center console cover and then just lift it out from the back to the front. Very easy.

I hope this helps.

Matt

Hi,

Can someone explain how to remove the tray (non smoker package) under the climate control system and in front of the shifter? There are some coins lodged in the front of it.

Thanks in advance.

I have been trying to install mine for months - supposedly you just pull off the trim surround and there are 2 clips, 1 per side, on the ac unit that you need to unclip then pull the ac unit and there are 2 screws holding the tray in.

If you have any luck post back - if not can anyone clarify this for us!!

JR

• 3 years later...

Hi all,

I went through this ordeal this weekend and wanted to clarify the procedure - when you remove the U shaped PCM trim, the AC control unit clips are not visible. There are two square holes on either side of the unit right beside the fan speed rocker switches. The clips are recessed inside and you will need to shine a light in there to see them. I used two small screwdrivers to push in the clips and wiggle/walk the unit out until the clips unlock. Once unlocked, the unit slides out easily. Once out, the ashtray is held in by two screws and comes out easily. Note: You will have to move the shift lever to the Drive position for ease of ashtray and AC control unit removal.

• Upvote 1